Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abs??

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 143 Total Views

Have a ? for anyone willing to put their 2 cents in...I have lost 18lbs since 1/25 of this year. My goal was 30lbs by May 1st. In which is a normal healthy weight for me. However, after losing these lbs, i am still left w/ the remainder of weight needing to go around my mid section and upper hips. I do cardio x5/wk w/ strength training Mo/wed/fri inc the ab ripper from p90x. My ? is, I really want to begin specifically targeting my abs. Can you work these five days a week or do you need to rest these like your other muscles?? Thanks for any help!

Ps, i rest on sat/sun Nooo working out at all ;)

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Andrea.bansil
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

there is no need to do abs everyday, you also need that revovery time for them to heal from those workouts:)  if you want to see abs:)  you know the saying abs are made in the kitchen:)

big_red05
by Head Admin on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes they are a muscle and need to be Rested like other muscles.. The thing about abs is they are made in the kitchen... If you want to lose tr belly bulge you have to eat very healthy clean unprocessed foods.. Make sure you are eating lean proteins healthy fats and lots of green leafy veggies! And some whole grains :) te food part can be tough so if you post a days worth of meals I could help you tweak it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyintraining
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting big_red05:

Yes they are a muscle and need to be Rested like other muscles.. The thing about abs is they are made in the kitchen... If you want to lose tr belly bulge you have to eat very healthy clean unprocessed foods.. Make sure you are eating lean proteins healthy fats and lots of green leafy veggies! And some whole grains :) te food part can be tough so if you post a days worth of meals I could help you tweak it

Hmm, ok..heres an example of a day for me

morning;

special K cereal w/ 1/2 c strawberries and 1/2 bananna cut into it

Snack;

1/2 c organic greek plain yogurt w/ 1/4c blueberries atop

Lunch;

sushi rolls or lots of veggie salad w/ chicken or turkey

snack;

pear or apple w/ peanut butter or low fat wheat thins w/ tomatoe hummus

Dinner;

chicken/turkey or fish w/ steamed spinache/broccoli/green beans and bulgar rice or just extra veggies instead...im staying away from rices/potatoes/white starches but will do sweet potatoes

I dont eat again after dinner...if I am just simply starving I will eat a piece of fruit, usually an apple 

* I dont always manage a snack in between all my meals due to just being busy but, i usually do

Stephy2469
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I think you just have to keep doing what you're doing. It helpped you get the weight off, you're doing it right. Unfortunately we can't spot reduce fat ( I wish) and our mid section is usually where we have the most trouble, but it's definitly working for you! Keep eating healthy and exercising, you'll get there.

big_red05
by Head Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I'm not sure how much you weigh but if this is your diet I can tell you do not eat enough especially for your activity level.. Also some of the foods you are choosing are not the best as they are prepackaged (special k, crackers etc) those are not very healthy.. Also you should increase your veggie intake! You are eating a log of fruit.. Fruit isn't bad BUT to lose belt fat you should have a veggie to fruit ratio of 4:1

Also your diet could use more protien! It's thermigenic and will help boost your metabolism.. I'm getting ready to eat but I'll post a few meal suggestions in a few!

Quoting mommyintraining:

Quoting big_red05:

Hmm, ok..heres an example of a day for me

morning;

special K cereal w/ 1/2 c strawberries and 1/2 bananna cut into it

Snack;

1/2 c organic greek plain yogurt w/ 1/4c blueberries atop

Lunch;

sushi rolls or lots of veggie salad w/ chicken or turkey

snack;

pear or apple w/ peanut butter or low fat wheat thins w/ tomatoe hummus

Dinner;

chicken/turkey or fish w/ steamed spinache/broccoli/green beans and bulgar rice or just extra veggies instead...im staying away from rices/potatoes/white starches but will do sweet potatoes

I dont eat again after dinner...if I am just simply starving I will eat a piece of fruit, usually an apple 

* I dont always manage a snack in between all my meals due to just being busy but, i usually do

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsPeterkin
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM

You should never do abs everyday, they need to rest just like all your muscle groups. I would focus on 3 or 4 days a week. Remember that working your abs is only going to strength them, if you want to see them thats a totally different situations. What I like to say is "Abs are made in the gym but revealed in the kitchen".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)