Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

attitude is everything!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 90 Total Views

I am currently training for a triathlon... I have done one before so I knew what I was getting myself into.. but I also knew the biking part is the biggest challenge for me.. I CAN bike I"m just slow, and this course is very hilly... I was doing my workout the other day, my legs were burnign I was going slow and I was feeling VERY miserable and negitive... I started wondering WHY I had done this to myself and wonder if I would be able to finish... with every negitive thought my workout felt more and more horriable..then I realized that a negitive attitude doesn't get you ANYWHERE! I have friends who are severly overweight that push it and run half marathons, I have friends who have cancer who are currently on chemo therapy but still run ultra marathons... what was my problem? the whole point OF training is to get yourself ready... once I turned my attitude around my workout was a breeze!!

THen I just happened to watch a biggest loser episode from season 14 (I"m behind I know lol) and it was just what I needed ot see, that week the contestents were having a hard week, they ALL had bad attitudes and it showed on the scale,,, they all had bad numbers!

It made me wonder how many of us have been sabatoging our weight loss or getting healthy efforts by having a negitive attitude? do we tell ourselves its pointless I can never lose weight? or do we say I can do this!

Do you think you have a negitive attitude? how can you go about changing your atttitude to help your efforts?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
turtledove91024
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM

You are so right"! Attitude plays a majr role.

cmorris1200
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM

So true!!

I_need_a_name
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM
True!! My big problem is food. My husband just today said he wanted to lose weight with me....but for the last month he wasnt (while I was) and a lot of the food we get isnt healthy. And the little food that was healthy I ate all up lol. So once the good foods were gone...all I had left to eat was the junk dh got until the next payday. Hopefully hes serious about this weight loss and will now eat more healthy. Cause if I eat junk...I'll feel like junk. =/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I had to work toward a positive attitude, and it really makes a big difference.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsPeterkin
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM

So true!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)