Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what the heck?!

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 129 Total Views
I had a baby four weeks ago. I gained 40lbs total. First 2 weeks 25lbs came right off. So I decided to really start eating better and I started a light workout routine that is three days a week till I get 6wks PP. Dr cleared me to.do so... but I have not lost one lbs since two weeks ago. I am feeling very discouraged and driving everyone around me nuts.. cou ld this be a plateau already? I'm.so scared the rest won't comr off :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DejeweleD
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Weight plateau... help please ?
big_red05
by Head Admin on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Your bodys hormones are adjusting its not necessarily at a plateau.. Are you taking measurements? And pictures? The scale is not always a good indicator.. Your muscles can be inflamed from working out, holding water weight from hormones etc but that doesn't mean you aren't getting smaller ;)
DejeweleD
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I went from barely able to squeeze into a 6 at 138 lbs to squeezing into my 4s at 135... now at 131 - 133 i can wear 4s comfortably.. I do have a tummy pooch from baby. The passed few weeks I have been doing cardio three days a.week.... I just don't think I have been droppin weight fast enough. I've cut way back on eating and do decently tough cardio....it feels like I'm.nvr going to get to 120 bc I keep getting stuck and can't get passed 130. Mind u for my wedding I was 105.. before I got preg I was 120... I know there are people who would feel amazing at this point but I want to be where I was and I don't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe. I have a few things that were given to me. I have lost roughly 30 lbs but the last ten have creeped off. I'm going insane. : l

Quoting big_red05:

Your bodys hormones are adjusting its not necessarily at a plateau.. Are you taking measurements? And pictures? The scale is not always a good indicator.. Your muscles can be inflamed from working out, holding water weight from hormones etc but that doesn't mean you aren't getting smaller ;)

big_red05
by Head Admin on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:59 AM
2 moms liked this
I have three kids so I know how frustrating it is to want to lose tr weight! But you didn't gain it overnight you won't lose it overnight :) don't be so hard on yourself! Stress actually makes it harder to lose weight!

Also doing cardio is good but if you do too much it becomes counter effective.

What you eat is important! I know we think eating less will help us lose weight but if you don't eat enough you will cause metobalic damage! Food is fuel :) eat 5-6 times a day small meals with protien healthy fats and lots of veggies n some fruits.. Stick to whole grain carb like sweet potatos & brown rice and limit those to one serving a day.. And drink lots of water! Stay away from anything prepackaged or processed!

Quoting DejeweleD:

I went from barely able to squeeze into a 6 at 138 lbs to squeezing into my 4s at 135... now at 131 - 133 i can wear 4s comfortably.. I do have a tummy pooch from baby. The passed few weeks I have been doing cardio three days a.week.... I just don't think I have been droppin weight fast enough. I've cut way back on eating and do decently tough cardio....it feels like I'm.nvr going to get to 120 bc I keep getting stuck and can't get passed 130. Mind u for my wedding I was 105.. before I got preg I was 120... I know there are people who would feel amazing at this point but I want to be where I was and I don't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe. I have a few things that were given to me. I have lost roughly 30 lbs but the last ten have creeped off. I'm going insane. : l

Quoting big_red05:

DejeweleD
by New Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I'm sorry I am whiney. I am sure stress doesn't help. Thanks for your advice and listening to me. I'm starting strength training in two wks. My husband is going to help me. He said once I do strength training the weight ..meaning fat... will go away in time...but I may not weigh as little as I did.

Quoting big_red05:

I have three kids so I know how frustrating it is to want to lose tr weight! But you didn't gain it overnight you won't lose it overnight :) don't be so hard on yourself! Stress actually makes it harder to lose weight!

Also doing cardio is good but if you do too much it becomes counter effective.

What you eat is important! I know we think eating less will help us lose weight but if you don't eat enough you will cause metobalic damage! Food is fuel :) eat 5-6 times a day small meals with protien healthy fats and lots of veggies n some fruits.. Stick to whole grain carb like sweet potatos & brown rice and limit those to one serving a day.. And drink lots of water! Stay away from anything prepackaged or processed!

Quoting DejeweleD:

Quoting big_red05:

MrsPeterkin
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Your husband is right, lifting weights will give you awesome results. Muscle burns fat and speeds up your metabolism, your on your way if you continue doing that! =)

SweetCharisma
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I think that right now your body is just adjusting to delivering a baby. Give it a little more time to get back to normal with hormones and such. Also make sure that you are drinking water... at least half your weight in ounces. Good luck and congrats on the new baby! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)