Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to start...

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 104 Total Views

Which works better when starting fresh on a diet to lose weight...cold turkey? Or gradual?

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
big_red05
by Head Admin on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it depends on you.. Some people do better with gradual changes so they don't feel deprived I found cold turkey was better when I ha junk in the house I ate it!

What also helped me was focusing on making it a lifestyle change NOT a diet so it didn't feel so constricting :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Randijt154
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Everyday I try to make the "best choice" whether it's from the fridge and pantry or the restaurant.
musicpisces
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it depends on the person. I'd been making small changes for awhile (and not losing weight) when I hit my rock bottom, then I went cold turkey. It was actually better for me. I didn't change everything, but I did "perfect" my food. My cravings for sweets and other things went away within a few days.
MrsPeterkin
by Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I agree with the ladies, it depends on the person, you could experiment with yourself. Start out slow and if its not working cut it completely.  For me, I did better with just quitting cold turkey, or i see myself falling back to bad habits. Hope that helps! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)