Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walking local trails..

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 116 Total Views

I have done so many different exercise plans (P90X, 30 Day Shred, 90 Day Supreme, Biggest Loser DVDs, ).  I was feeling totally bored and burned out.  So about three weeks ago, I decided to try something new. I have been taking my dog and walking a local trail that runs near my home.  It goes into the woods and consists of many step hills, some rocky terrain, and some open fields.  I do an average of between 3.5 and 5 miles per day.   I also add in a little jogging here and there while on the trail.  I worry a little that I may not be getting enough exercise, although doing these trails takes me between an hour and a half and two hours each day.  Its a *different* kind of exercise that what I usually do.  I have not weighed myself, but feel that things are about the same, maybe down a few pounds ...Do you think this is enough?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
big_red05
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Enjoying your exercise is VERY important! So I think it's great you are slowing down and finding something you like... Doing weight training is also important for weight (fat) loss but i you want to keep It simple and easy just I to you tube and look for some Pilates or yoga workouts that are short ad sweet :)
Randijt154
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I too, have burned out here and there over the last few years and have had to shake things up. I think if you start to force yourself to do a certain type of exercise, eventually you'll quit. I believe it's much better to be consistent, have variety and indulge in what you enjoy, whether or not it's the biggest calorie burner on your menu. It's the changing of a lifestyle, all about healthy habits. Some days I love my morning cardio and weight classes at the Y, some days I drive right past it and run at the park next door (sometimes I just walk), other days I stick my headphones in and turn up my music so loud I can't think anymore and do the Arc, a bike or a treadmill. Exercise, for me, has to be a mental release as well. My time, my program, my joy, my way, all about and for me! Lol
musicpisces
by Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!  I'd mix it up with something else a dy or two a week, but I LOVE hitting the trails!  I've become a big trail runner in the last couple of years.  I do some road running, but it's my trail runs that make my heart sing.  It's a great challenge, and it's good for working a variety of muscles in your lower body and core!  I'd be sure you're at least doing something for strength training your upper body, or perhaps swimming.  Be sure you're getting your heart rate up on the trails- that's the biggest factor.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

borichfan
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:38 AM

I wish i had some walking trails close to my home. The closest one is a 30 minute drive.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)