Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mommy boost anyone??

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 157 Total Views

Every morning I'll have 1 to 2 cups of coffee outta habit, but as far as the caffine giving me any boost? Nothing. I'm pretty sure after drinking it for over 20 years, my body had to have grown tolerance for it so other than the taste, it may as well be just another warm drink. With raising an 18 year old and trying to keep the household together I've been looking for alternative boosts throughout the day and still looking. I've tried exercise in the morning and a good breakfast. Then I've tried more extreme measures like every energy drink out there. Even that little 5 hour energy shot only works for maybe 30 min on me. Any ideas?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommameag
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Honestly, It's not necessary. I noticed that when I stopped drinking coffee I was not as tired when I woke up because my body didn't wait to wake up until my morning coffee. Caffeine is a drug and after a while you build up a tolerance and dependence on it. When you wean yourself off you wont need it anymore because you wont have the "come down" crash. I completely stay away from energy drinks and sodas. Morning coffee and afternoon tea are my little pick me ups. I notice that a cup of hot tea in the afternoon gives me a great boost, just enough to keep me going, and is good for you. I drink a combination of black and green tea so that I get the healthy benefits of both since I'm not a fan of the green tea by itself. I'm thinking about switching to tea in the mornings as well. It picks me up without the come down later. HTH!

Cindy1221
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Ive tried these that You can go with, a vitamin b12 daily...or try herbal remedies, or even citrus scents help too. Or, Maybe you could listen to upbeat music...you know, like refreshen your senses...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN