Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Busy bags: Keeping kids quiet in church or worship services

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 5:49 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 7225 Total Views

Thanks to all of you who gave me the ideas for the worship service busy bags. Here is the complete collection:

Busy bags: Ideas for keeping kids quiet during church or worship services

To copy and paste:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-15855-Early-Childhood-Educational-Activities-Examiner~y2009m10d22-Busy-bags-Ideas-for-keeping-kids-quiet-during-church-or-worship-services

Next up: Ideas for keeping kids busy while waiting for food in a restaraunt. Got busy bag ideas? Send them my way, please! :)

p.s. For the record, the "abandoning your faith" comment is meant to be taken as a joke...

Starr Weems de Graffenried

Author of Brain Child and Teach Your Child Spanish Through Play. See my articles here.

by on Oct. 22, 2009 at 5:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
eeyore13
by on Oct. 23, 2009 at 7:48 AM

Thanks for starting and sharing this!!!!!  I have been going crazy putting together the bags for our church visitors and this has been wonderful!!

baby
Starrwd
by Member on Oct. 23, 2009 at 8:06 AM

Quoting eeyore13:

Thanks for starting and sharing this!!!!!  I have been going crazy putting together the bags for our church visitors and this has been wonderful!!

So glad it helps! I've tried to come up with things that won't be too distracting. But no matter what, nothing is more distracting than dragging a crying kid out of the sanctuary, haha.

Author of Brain Child and Teach Your Child Spanish Through Play. See my articles here.

goldenraysofsun
by on Oct. 27, 2009 at 9:03 AM

This would have been great a few years ago when we couldn't get our son to attend sunday school classes and yet was too disruptive for worship services. We ended up not attending church for awhile there. I had tried bring in a toy or book, but it didn't work. I think a bag with multiple things in it would have been great.  

Starrwd
by Member on Oct. 27, 2009 at 9:14 PM

Quoting goldenraysofsun:

This would have been great a few years ago when we couldn't get our son to attend sunday school classes and yet was too disruptive for worship services. We ended up not attending church for awhile there. I had tried bring in a toy or book, but it didn't work. I think a bag with multiple things in it would have been great.  

I can so relate...I have a very energetic, curious, challenging and LOUD preschooler, which is why I went hunting for solutions. I had to find a way to redirect her.  My battle is not yet over by any means, but the busy bag has really helped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)