Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE make dua for me

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 344 Total Views

salam alakum sisters,  I just found out I am pregnent . I am so happy , I did have a miscarriage about a year ago, so I am a little nervous ,I know  It is up to Allah . I am also wondering what should I do I am breastfeeding my son who is almost 2 in a month. I want to wean , but man it is hard,  Does breastfeeding increase my chance of a miscarage  , or lifting my son( he is 30 lbs)  How in the world am I gonna wean my son , just let him cry and scream LOL It seems IMPOSSIBLE

thanks sister please pray for Allah to keep this baby safe.

salam alakum sisters

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM

mashaALLAH i am so happy for you muslimmom! may Allah facilitate ease for you and grant you a healthy baby who will grow strong in a strong state of eman, and lead you and your growing family into Jannah, Firdous to be particular!! AMEEN!

lots of love, duaa'ing for u from over here.

♥♥, muhajjirah

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

assalamu alaikum sister,

Masha' Allah for your pregnancy. may Allah grant you a healthy pregnancy, a safe delivery and a healthy baby. Ameen.

I dont' think that breastfeeding has any impact on a miscarriage, but I do think that your body needs to nurture itself, and the new baby.. and since your child is already close to two, then it is time for him insha' Allah to be weened.

just tell him no more milk... ran out.. LOL. give him a sippy cup instead. with chocolate or strawberry milk. it is going to be hard on both of you. but with pregnancy, I dont' think you really have a choice.

insha' Allah one of the other sisters who have more experience when it comes to weaning older babies can help you. I only breast fed for six months.  it broke my heart. but it was out of my hands.

again. mubaarak ( you are in my dua'_

love you for the sake of Allah and leave you in His trusted care

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM

wa'alaykum asalam sis awwww congrads i remember see mash'Allah Allah knows when is best im sooooooooo happy for you....May Allah protect your family and baby from the evil eye ameen..........

May Allah let this pregnancy blossom and be healthy for you both ameen......

Im so happy for your family...........

by on Oct. 13, 2009 at 1:47 PM
There are some studies that show that breastfeeding can lead to a miscarriage in a high risk pregnancy. When you breastfeed, your body releases oxytocin. This causes uterine contractions. Some Dr's believe that this can essentially induce labor and abort the fetus. So women that have a history of miscarriage are often told to begin weaning when they become pregnant just as a precaution. The majority of the evidence point to BF'ing being safe in normal, uncomplicated early pregnancy. The best advice I have to offer is to listen to your body. If you start feeling cramps while breastfeeding end the session. Ok That's all I have. Sorry, I wrote a paper on this subject in nursing school lol. There's a ton of debate around it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)