Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what have you done for 'YOU' lately??? Dunia and Deen. ( Fun??)

Posted by (Group Owner) on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 796 Total Views

Assalamu alaikum sisters,

I was chatting today on the phone with one of my wonderful Muslimah sisters,  and we got to talking about how sometimes we are so exhausted as Moms we tend to forget to brush our teeth or even brush our hair.. LOL.

so it got me thinking.. ( yes, I have been known to do that from time to time monkeywhy not start a post where we can all share what things we do for ourselves. we can post once a week.

and since this is a group for Moms. we should share things that we did for our Dunia ( life on earth) things that  make us feel more like ourselves, more beautiful, happier, or just plainly remind us of "ME"... things like coloring your hair, or reading a book , or writing something, painting, exfoliating.. LOL. having the kids put away the dishes so you would sit some extra minutes on Muslim Moms LOL..

and since this is also a group for Muslim Moms. we should also share at least ONE thing we did that week for our Deen.  we need to encourage each other to grow for our Akhirah as well ( after life)  it could be reading a hadith, or a tafseer of an aya, or giving up something for the sake of Allah, something new you have learned that made you a better Muslimah.

so your assignment ladies, should you choose to accept it. is to share with us what you had done this week for your dunia and for your Akhirah.. for Your Dunia and for your Deen.

sooooo looking forward to reading your posts. may be I can learn a thing or two LOL.

share away..

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:14 PM

me me me . pick me .. I want to start. LOL.

ok.

for my Dunia, I actually used my facial scrub last week before it expired.. felt really nice .. LOL.

for my Deen , I re-read the tafseer of surat al-kahf. such a beautiful Surah with such wonderful lessons.  I encourage all my sisters to read the tafseer. after all, memorizing the first ten verses, ( and some say the last ten) is protection from Dajjaal ( anti Christ)

alhamdulilaah, may Allah guide us to what pleases Him, Ameen.

Love and salaam (peace)

LivingIslam
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM

Okay...for my dunya I've spent a little more time chatting with sisters on CM and for my deen I have been studying the attributes of Allah. 

little flower

muslimah4life Group Admin
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM

salamo alikom;

I Love this bouncing

For my Dunya: I took my girl friends to IHOP. NO kidsgood

For my Deen; I studied some Tajweed with a knowledgeable sister at our masjid

Muslimah4life: Muslim Moms Admin typing

EmmAlesh
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:03 PM

Asalamu alaikum sisters,

For my dunia: I weekly take time for my beautification :p  LOL  Depilitorizing, exfoliating, and enveloping myself in body butter.  LOL 

For my deen:  I am teaching the kids (and myself) various surah from the Qur'an. 

Emm Ali

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 4:49 PM

dunya: we brought the kids to the mall for rollerblading and while i bought them ice-cream, i bought myself a delicious caramel swirl crunch milk shake..mmm yummy, only had 1/2 thought because the kids wanted the rest of it- which is fine cuz i didnt get to feel as guilty!

deen: trying to kick myself onto an eman rush that i need so i studied an article on khushoo', read surat al-kahf today cuz its jummuah, and hopefully inshaAllah will apply some of the reminders ive gained this week.

wa'alhamdulilah.

sakeenah35
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 11:17 PM

Assalamu Alaikum:

For my dunya: Took a nice hot shower and gave myself a body rub!

For my deen: Read a few Hadiths, mashallah!hugs

RissaBusch
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Dunya: not as much as I would like :-( I've had a sick baby and kinda forgot about my self all last week. BUT, this morning I used my Mary Kay satin hands stuff for the first time and it's amazing.  Oh and I treated my self to good shampoo instead of the cheapest I could find :-)

Deen:I've drastically cut back on my cafemom time for Quran study. I actually really enjoy reading the Quran.  I look forward to having free time to study.  All the other religious texts I've read felt more like a giant hassle than anything enjoyable. 

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Oct. 3, 2010 at 8:05 PM

For my Dunia: I lost ten pounds in Ramadan and so I indulged in some pistachio almond ice-cream ( my absolute favorite ice cream.. lol) hope I dont' wake up tomorrow regretting it..

for my Deen, giving talks on Islam at the local college. alhamdulilaah. I feel like some of the kids changed their minds about certain things.. may Allah count this for me not against me on the day of judgement. may it be purely for His sake.. Ameen.

oh, and I am reading more tafseer and hadith.. alhamdulilaah.

soooo

how about.. YOU,,,,surprised

Love and salaam (peace)

Sophia128
by on Oct. 4, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Asalam aleikum for my dunya...i did facial. For deen....fasting monday and thursday and praying dhuha
wife2ali
by on Oct. 5, 2010 at 3:36 PM
I don't do anything for myself as myself isn't important. If I want to do something then it will be for my family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)