Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eid Al Adha

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 275 Total Views

Asalamu alaikum sisters,

I am looking for ways to explain the reason behind Eid Al Adha to a 3 year old without being very graphic.  I suppose that the word sacrifice could be a bit scary, but could be explained as "giving up something you want for someone else."  Should I even worry about doing this now or wait until she is older?  I thought that we could do some nice activities or crafts for the upcoming weeks with our lessons.  JazakAllahu khairun!!

Emm Ali

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
zanzeebeel
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Asalam alaikum,

I think I would go for delaying the full explaination of the sacrifice, Personally at three I dont think they will grasp its full significance, ( some adults have to have it pointed out to them LOL) It doesnt stop you from explaning that muslims gather from all around the world in Mecca at this time of the year, and it is an important celebration, keeping the information compatible within her age range.

If it was me i would keep the information as brief and clear as possible, avoiding the risk of confusing her with something she doesnt yet have the comprhension for. Better to keep things simple and easy to instil the concept clearly --- and then add more details each year as you go along inshallah .  But I'd err on the side of caution, as i wouldnt want to confuse with something they werent quite able to understand yet. !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)