Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got lied to big time by a Muslim

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:57 PM
  • 19 Replies
  • 688 Total Views

As salaamu alaikum,

I'm like having a hard time writing this.  I'm bawling my eyes out. 

My car has been in the shop since Saturday.  Well, I just talked to my mechanicand it's fixed (kinda).  But he said that I need a new car asap.  This one is a piece of junk and has been in a serious accident!  He honestly doesn't know if it will last another couple months!  I need sooooo much work and it will cost more than the car is worth. 

We just bought it a year ago.  I feel like such a moron.  We asked if it had any problems or if it had been in an accident ever and the man we bought it from said NO NEVER!  He specifically said "no, you don't have to worry, I'm Muslim and we don't lie."   I mean I was talking to his wife!  We both had young babies and they seemed like such nice people!

Now, come to find out the car was in a BAD accident when this guy owned it.  How do we know that?  Apparently, my mechanic not only found signs of a nasty accident but also found the REPAIR BILL in where the spare tire is kept.  It said that this guy we bought it from was the  owner of the car.

So now I need a new car.  I feel so used and so stupid!  Why didn't I ask more question or check out the car more? 

I don't have any money for a new car.  I can't get a loan.  My mechanic is my best friend's dad.  He wouldn't lie about this kinda of thing.

I'm just really mad because this guys lie really, really hurts me.  I was going to save up to go back to school in May but that's not gonna happen now.  I don't know what to do.

Why don't people understand that there are no innocent lies?  I thought lying was haram?  Why would anyone Muslim or not lie about such an important thing? 

I just don't know what to do.  I'm so sorry for venting.  I don't really have a lot of people to turn to.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sisnur
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Assalamualaikum Sis, I am sorry to heard for what you have, I can feel you. Not sure is it just because I am to naive or what... but sadly a lot of muslim like that. I just make calm myself when i was dissapointed seeing muslim do things quiet not good that I can not expect people the same way like I am doing or do good things and I leave it to Allah SWT because they choose to do that way. They hurt themself for doing bad things.

May Allah SWT gives you way out and something good in return, amien

ps : I am sorry can not help you

practicingislam
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:59 PM

wa'alaykum asalam sister awwwwwwwwwwwwwww subhan'Allah my dear sister you know i am very sad to say this but every muslim has lied, and unfortunately now a days we cannot just assume that every muslims is a good muslim.

I am saddened i've seen so many of our fellow muslims hurt others , just make du'a Allah will guide him and u be the better person and pray for him, since he is still our brother in islam ......

i am just so sorry this happened to u, we as new shahadas and even pious born muslims just expect other muslims to be righteous, but its sad theres not alot of these anymore.

my sister know that Allah saw what he did, and if u cant rectify it keep making du'a and ask Allah to help you Allah is so amazing and full of amazing miracles.....just pray and Allah never lets us down....

p.s., just one thing dont buy a car that causes u to have interest, ( I KNOW THERES ALOT OF DIFFERENCE OF OPINIONS ON THIS) BUT  BUT BUT

in clear haddiths Riba (interest) is haram those whom write the contract, witness the contract, and pay for it get a sin......so try to see if u can buy used if u have to without interest :) :)

hugs sister , in all things there are blessings even in this :)

qureyus1
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Assalamu Alaikum,

You took the words out of my mouth...I was gonna say that exact thing.

Rissa, May Allah expedite relief of your situation. Ameen.

Quoting practicingislam:

wa'alaykum asalam sister awwwwwwwwwwwwwww subhan'Allah my dear sister you know i am very sad to say this but every muslim has lied, and unfortunately now a days we cannot just assume that every muslims is a good muslim.

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 8:05 PM

assalamu alaikum sister,

I am so sorry sister. dont' feel stupid. feel hurt, feel angry, but dont' feel stupid. you didn't do wrong for trusting a Muslim - who used His being Muslim to lie to you astaghfirullah- turn to Allah for refuge, and for help.  this man will get his 'reward" for what he has done to you, sooner or later.  don't feel stupid sister. may be just learn your lesson and next time have the car checked out by a mechanic, at the expense of the seller.

with that said. tell your friend's dad to keep an eye out for a salvageable car. a lot of people are selling their cars right now. it hurts me soooo much to say this. but I had found that most Arabs, or Muslims who come from third world countries, are the worst buyers and the worst sellers of used cars.. my husband sold his old car to a Muslim. trusting him to take care of registration and such to save him money. only to have the police calling us regarding our license plate number ( which was still in our name) being involved with something illegal..

any way...

try to see the Muslim college students who are about to graduate. sometimes they just want  to unload the car. and have the mechanic check the car out before you buy it.

I am so sorry for your trouble. and for the fact that Muslims are not perfect. and that our hope for their perfection in Islam renders us naive or gullible.

you are in my dua' I am sorry I am not of any more help.

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

RissaBusch
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Wa alaikum salaam sisters

Thank you so much!  I'm feeling a little better.  I guess what makes me angry is how he knew t hat lying was wrong but did it any way!  I guess I was mad because I trusted him to be a good, honest Muslim and then wasn't at all.  It's like a kick in the teeth.  Like, it's one thing to lie but it's a whole other kinda low to lie about lying! 

I just got back from picking my car up from my friend's dad's shop.  He's going to keep an eye out for a car for me.  Come to find out the job should have cost 800 dollars but he only charged me 500.  Plus, he changed all my fluids, gave me an inspection, aired up my tires, and put gas in my tank and didn't charge me.  It's little things like that, that help.  We have to beg this man to charge us anything most of the time.  They're not American, and they say that helping out their friends is a massive part of their culture.  They're from Colombia. 

LOL! And hey here's a plus side I got to see my best friend, Ibis today.  That's always the good thing about when my car breaks down.  It guarantees that I get to see my bff. 

RissaBusch
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 9:35 PM

As salaamu alaikum, I don't think interest will be a problem.  We usually try to buy used and pay for the car in full.  We avoid taking out loans at all costs.  We always buy used because of that fact.

Sooooooo basically I have a bunch of stuff that's going up for sale on ebay.  I've got a ton of expensive purses that I have no desire to own and no need for.  I'm going to try and sell them as well as a few other big ticket items.  Insha' Allah they will go.

But my car runs for now.  I need a million belts replace and my compressor if "sparking" and could go at any minute.  Basically, I'm driving a death machine LOL.  Oh wait, I guess lol isn't really appropriate there.

Quoting practicingislam:

I am saddened i've seen so many of our fellow muslims hurt others , just make du'a Allah will guide him and u be the better person and pray for him, since he is still our brother in islam ......

i am just so sorry this happened to u, we as new shahadas and even pious born muslims just expect other muslims to be righteous, but its sad theres not alot of these anymore.

my sister know that Allah saw what he did, and if u cant rectify it keep making du'a and ask Allah to help you Allah is so amazing and full of amazing miracles.....just pray and Allah never lets us down....

p.s., just one thing dont buy a car that causes u to have interest, ( I KNOW THERES ALOT OF DIFFERENCE OF OPINIONS ON THIS) BUT  BUT BUT

in clear haddiths Riba (interest) is haram those whom write the contract, witness the contract, and pay for it get a sin......so try to see if u can buy used if u have to without interest :) :)

hugs sister , in all things there are blessings even in this :)

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Quoting RissaBusch:

im glad this was mentioned- to stay FARRRRR away from interest. MAJOR SIN. just remember that as Muslims we are 'supposed' to be representatives of Islam, but unfortunately many of us also fail at that. this is partly why our Ummah is in a mess. authubillahi min ash-shaitan ar-rajeem.

may Allah reward you.

hugsssss.

muhajjirah

Musical-Monkey
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:26 AM

I am new to this group, while I am not Muslim, I firmly believe we all are sisters (and brothers, though, not here! lol).

I do not see color, I do not see race, I do not see religion.  I see people, people who love, who are devoted to God (no matter what religion they claim)...or not.  I see good and bad, light and dark.

Dear sister, we have all be lied to and cheated.  We have all been burned at one point in our lives only to reach out and be burned again and again.  But, we pick ourselves up, we learn and move on.

I am LDS, or Mormon.  I have been burnt by SEVERAL LDS people, my sister being one of them, sadly (to this day we still don't speak).  I know I've burned people too.

My point is, we live, we learn, we repent, and we become better.

I believe in Karma, pretty much, those who do bad things to you, will have something bad happen to them one day.  Although it is more of a Buddhist/Hindu belief, I've experienced in my life both good and bad to not believe in it.  It's more of what Christians would call doing good, God will bless you, but if you don't do good, he won't...Karma just sounds "cooler".  :-)

What would the Islamic definition of "Karma" be?

Chelle }}i{{

We CAN all get along!!!  Click and see how!!

graceandlilly
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 1:49 AM

I'd just like to add that running a complete carfax check before buying a car is well worth the price.

www.carfax.com  

Aasiyah
by on Dec. 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Quoting Musical-Monkey:

I believe in Karma, pretty much, those who do bad things to you, will have something bad happen to them one day.  Although it is more of a Buddhist/Hindu belief, I've experienced in my life both good and bad to not believe in it.  It's more of what Christians would call doing good, God will bless you, but if you don't do good, he won't...Karma just sounds "cooler".  :-)

What would the Islamic definition of "Karma" be?

Welcome to the group.

We believe that Allah has ordained everything with a predecree and in due proportion.

We believe that we are the cause and Allah brings about the effect.   So we can plan and plan but if Allah does not will it , it will not happen. and we can try to stop something from happening but if Allah wills it to happen...we cannot stop it.

We do not believe in superstitions like, if i say i hope you die, it will make you die.  If you happen to die, it was just something that was already prewritten  for you and it happened to coincide not that saying i hope you die, makes you actually die. We don't believe if you put your purse on the floor you will not have money or that knocking on wood protects you.

LOL.

We believe Good or bad comes from God not from our wishful thinking. 

by the way.. we also don't believe that Allah does not bless you if you do not do good.  We know for a fact that Allah blesses everyone in this existence some more than others but it has nothing to do with whether you do good or not.  YOu can be the best muslim, and go through tremendous hardship while you can be the worst disbeliever and have no hardships or what seems like a paved golden path.    We believe that the reward for the person who does good comes in different ways either here in this world for the disbeliever in Allah and his Messenger peace be upon him and for the muslims as well but we also believe that the reward for the muslim is also in the here after at some point ... meaning the muslim will go to paradise at some point  at Allah's discretion while the one who rejects HIM but still does good in this world will only get the reward in this world. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)