Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

non muslim married to a muslim

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 857 Total Views

Peace Ladies,

I am new to this group but I would like to ask a few questions.  My husband and I have been married for a year now.  However when I first met him, he was not a muslim.  He converted on his own and didn't really include me on his decision.  So we always have kept religion separate.  However it has come to light that he is angry that I have not converted yet.  However I don't feel I am educated enough to do it yet.  I am confused about religion in general that I don't know which religion is best for me.   I look at the good in everything.  Tension is running high in our household now. 

So do any of you have suggestions or things that I could read.  I have a few books that my husband has left around.  I have gone to why islam.com.   I have gone to 2 functions with my husband but the women were stand offish (I guess due to me being non muslim) 

I guess my main concerns are speaking arabic.....I really have no desire to want to learn it.  Just like reading the bible I have no idea what the Koran is talking about. 

All the rituals, some I don't agree with so is there a compromise or no?  I am just looking for a friend who will not judge me or pressure me just help me learn and therefore I can make my own decisions.  Thank you

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
practicingislam
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM

Peace dear,

Oh my where to start, ok dear please one thing i have to say i hope you dont base the negative comments you got from those in the mosque or even your hubby on all muslims.

first we are all misguided and its up to Allah if he chooses to guide us and its up to us if we want to seek knowledge.

On the contrary we are and were all misguided just because one comes into islam doesnt make them holier than thou than anyone else......because on the day of judgement we dont know what will or wont get us into Jannah (Heaven) and if one goes around thinking their much better than another then thats a form of arrogance and there is a haddith that says if anyone dies having even a gram of arrogance in them they will never see heaven.

I pray and i understand your hubby trying to help you see the best, but he should be like Prophet Mohammad an all the other prophets since the beginning of time and handle you with care and teach you as he learns and encourage you and so on...

Islam comes to us in stages no one is perfect but alhamdulilah Allah opened your hubbys heart to islam, because as all prophets did they told us worship one God , pray, and give charity etc....

So the main message of the shahada testimoney of faith is accepting one God and not worshiping any others besides Allah and accepting Mohammad was the final of all the messengers.

Please dont let other muslims turn you off , PLEASE KNOW THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF LADIES HERE THAT WILL TAKE THE TIME OUT TO HELP.......

and please i wanted to say dont let anyone ever make you feel that you have to do something because of someone, and vise versa

in islam when u accept islam it is for Allah only not your hubby or friends or family etc.......

I pray Allah will guide you and i hope please if u have any questions please ask and u can PM me too i will be more then happy for the Sake of Allah to help as best as i can.....p.s. what state  do u live in....im in PA.......

I hope u dont mind but PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS U HAVE

the best thing to start with is the Quran (please make sure u dont base islam on nation of islam) nation of islam is not islam.......

heres a great website

www.quranexplorer.com

click on the left colum launch quran explorer and u can choose all the chapters to listen to .....

ummrami
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Salaam alaikum . WOW! First let me say , while i was lucky that my husband never forced Islam on me , I can really understand how being non-Muslim and trying to mesh it all together can be a headache . We were a two religion house hold for 5 years of our marriage and it was not easy . I finally converted but it was all on my own and for my self and Allah . I would suggest to your husband that while you are happy that he has found his way and is living an Islamic life now , you yourself still may need time . How long? Who knows  . But forcing Islam on some one is not right . We're not suppose to be forceful . (If I'm wrong then may I be corrected)Rather we're suppose to be kind and offer an explanation and leave it up to the other to accept and go forth from there . I can understand your experience at the mosque . We have all been through that and yes it could have been the language or anything else . Believe me I still go through that . But don't let that keep you from learning about Islam . There are plenty of books and sites to go to on the web but the best is to call a mosque and ask to speak to some one there that can answer any questions or explain something you don't agree with . To do so doesn't mean your committed or even bound to convert but at least you open a door to learn . As for you husband well I'm sure he means well . When we all find something that we feel love and comfort in we want so bad to share it with those close to us . Perhaps he thinks that if you gained knowledge or converted you would better understand where his life is headed but in my opinion that's far from the truth  . So  instead of forcing Islam on you or being upset as to why you have yet to convert he needs to think what is it that you still question or haven't learned about Islam that makes you hesitate ? Ask him to give you space and to slow down and teach you instead of pushing further away . You may never convert or maybe one day you'll rise and decide the time has come . Either way it's your choice and he can help if he takes the time to explain what he has learned . Also he is still new to all of this so he may need to still study more and learn more and if done together then the two of you can find a way . I hope this helps and that calmness is brought to your home  soon . Don't be afraid to ask any question of any of us . And please feel free to contact me if you need to . You can always pm me if needed . I leave you in Allah's love and care .

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Quoting Lilliesmom212:

peace & most warm welcomes to you lilliesmom,

first i'd like to thank you for confiding in us in this group and i hope that we will be of most help to you in figuring out what Islam is all about. 

this is a good place for you to be because information and knowledge that is shared should always be based on the correct teachings of Islam which are derived from two sources: The Holy Quran which is the Final Revelation to humanity, and the Sunnah- which is the detailed life experiences and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings be upon him).

i'm assuming that your husband is following these correct teachings and not a sect of Islam which deviates from what Pure Islamic Monotheism stands for.

Just a quick run down on what Islam teaches:

1. One God Who is All-Knowing, Who is Above all His Creation. Who is  neither male nor female. Who does not need anything or anyone- does not have a son, does not have offspring. Allah is One, the Eternal One. Who has a direct link with each human, each creation and Who is the Greatest yet micro-manages everything to the tiny grain of sands in the deepest of oceans.

2. The Angels Created out of Light by Allah (Arabic Proper Name for God) without free-will yet lovingly and devotingly obey all of Allah's Commands.

3. The Prophets Noble men chosen by Allah to teach the rest of humanity the purpose of this life, how to strive with their lives in rigteousness for the sake of Allah. Starting with the first human- Adam to Noah, Moses, Abraham, Jesus (viewed as indeed a baby born to one of the 4 blessed women in all of humanity for her humility- the Virgin Maryam. Jesus a Prophet who by the will of Allah was able to perform miracles, created without a father- as Adam was created without a father or a mother, and this is most easy for the Creator of the Worlds to accomplish) and the last  of them Prophet Muhammad- peace and blessings be upon them all.

4. The Books  Allah has revealed many books throughout human history. Islam holds true to this without a doubt. Psalms, the Gospels, the Torah..etc. But admits that they have been corrupted from the hands of people. Allah revealed the Final Revelation- the Holy QURAN to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and promised to keep it in its purity. Almost 1500 years ago it was revealed, and today it still remains AS IS..not a letter has been changed, deleted, or altered.

5. Hereafter Day of Judgement with Paradise or Hellfire to follow is also a fundamental belief where everyone will stand for judgement infront of the Most Just, the Most Fair ALLAH. The most descriptive settings of the Hereafter are found in Islam because of Allah's mentioning of particular scenes and the sayings of Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) explanations of them.

6. Divine Pre-Destination Allah Knows all that has happened and has Knows everything that will happen. This life we are living is a test but the test is for us- because Allah has the answers and we do not. This is why in order to be a believer in Islam one must not undermine faith. There must be a balance between knowledge and faith if that balance is disturbed then one's faith is compromised. Blind faith is also  not promoted and seeking beneficial knowledge is mandatory upon everyone in Islam- but trust in Allah is also manadatory to taste the sweetness of faith. Everything that happens or doesn't is by the will/permission of Allah.

--------

ok..now, as far as the muslim women you've come across. i'm sorry you experienced that. the truth of it is though- if you want to learn about Islam then you should learn about it through strong sources- and not necessarily from anyone who calls themselves a muslim (sadly, but even so at the masjid) once you get understanding of what Islam stands for or against then you can get a grip on whether a Muslim is acting Islamic or not! In other words- study the religion, the way of life prescribed and don't judge Islam by a selected few of Muslims. if anyone tells you anything (with all due respect even your husband, and even lil old me- lol) that doesn't seem legit- ask for the proof, and the proof that comes from the Quran and Sunnah. this might be hard at first, but you can always come here on the forum and Godwilling we will try our best to help you out.

about the Arabic- you don't need to delve into it in order to understand the religion. to get a partial understanding of the Quran you can get the translated interpretations of the Quran and there are some pretty good ones out there. But keeping in mind that the Quran itself is only the Quran when it is in its original language. many Muslims embrace Islam not really knowing how to read Arabic, and as they become stronger in Islam the desire to read Arabic increases and becomes more of a responsibility because Arabic is the only living language today which has a holy Book- the Quran to support it. interestingly enough because most Muslims in the world are not even Arabs :-)

about the rituals, i'm curious as to which rituals you don't agree with. many times when people see some rituals from the outside they see them as odd which is totally normal if we look at the way cultures are, religions, or even into the way othe families run their day to day. do not let these hinderances in what may seem odd to you prevent you from learning about all the circumstances of the why's, and the how's until you've covered all points of it. ill give you an example- i just put my kids in a new school this year- and prior anyone could catch me saying 'are you kidding me? i never want them to go there!!' well lo & behold, they are in that school and doing quite well! lol. know what i mean?

so before you say no to the rituals and we begin to talk about compromising this or that it would be most helpful if you could kindly be more specific with what it is that is bothering you please.  

one more thing, and 4-give me for being long. in Islam it is clear that there is no compulsion in religion. as a matter of fact, Allah does not want us to do something good without the sincerity to back it up. sincerity means that a muslim woman who wears hijab (the scarf) doesn't wear it for the sake of her husband- she wears it as an order from Allah. a muslim man who sweats all day working hard isn't just doing it for the dollar to save for a hawaiian cruise- but has hope to get the reward from Allah so that he can spend in ways that are pleasing towards Allah. Islam is nothing without sincerity because Allah is the Watcher of all hearts.

Also, we are not here to judge you or anyone for that matter and Allah is the Judge of all affairs. As we read and type up on the forum we are aware that Allah is the Controller of hearts and He guides whom He wills. The more sincere one is in knowing what the Truth is, the easier it is by God's Will that one will find. As a disbeliever today can become a believer tomorrow and a beleiver today (God-Forbid) can end up in the opposite position the next day. This is why even the strongest of Muslims, even the Prophets- begged Allah for guidance.

Once that guidance is acheived the sweetness of faith is tasted and the heart finds contentment. So no pressure, no judgment..and as a matter of fact i think i can safely say on behalf of many other members we are happy to have here with us.

Proud- the group owner has set up a system too that if you choose to post anything anonymouse you can post your q to her and she will post it on the forum. she is trustworthy..

ohh..and btw, there are a few other groups here on CM you should be cautious of when learning about Islam. if you have a particular group you are already involved in and speaking with- feel free to pm me about it and Godwilling Ill check it out. Some groups might even have somewhere in the title 'Islam' when in fact it is a deviaiton of Islam.

may you be granted peace and contentment.

muhajjirah

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Welcome to our group Liliesmom212, hopefully you will find the support and the knowledge you seek here without judgement or condescension.

my sisters are right. your husband cannot and should not force you to embrace Islam. in the Quran Allah clearly states that there is " no compulsion in religion" . all your husband can do is educate you on the faith. gently and kindly. and hopefully, the light of Islam will enter your heart and you will embrace it on your own.

you dont' have to learn  Arabic to be Muslim .. there are many translated copies of the Quran available with explanations.. and you dont' have to take all the rituals ( as you call them) all at once. you can take baby steps.. baby steps in learning, and baby steps in advancing your faith should you decide to convert.

may I ask what kind of rituals are we talking about? if you are talking about the five daily prayers, I'm sorry, but that is the ONE thing that  you absolutely have to do as a Muslim. there is NO wiggle room there. lol, it is our daily worship and it is an obligation.

the only unforgivable sin in Islam. .. the one sin that is sure to cast a person in the Hellfire. is not believing in God as the ONE god. or giving Him partners or equals.. the basis of Islam is the oneness of God ( Allah) ..  and once you embrace that belief, then God willing everything else is forgivable, and everything else should fall into place as your faith grows stronger and stronger, and the "big" things seem small and easy insha Allah ( God willing)

I dont' want to sound like I am pushing you to convert, I am just trying to show you what to expect should you decide to do it.

in the meantime. please feel free to browse our group. we have many posts about basics of Islam. if you dont' feel like browsing and just want to come out and ask. then please do that as well. we would be happy to answer. ( if we dont' have an answer, we will direct you to where you can find it, or we will try and find it for you)

and lastly, if you want to ask about anything anonymously, please PM me or our member anonymous4MM and it will posted as anonymous.

I hope it works out for you dear, in a way that is most beneficial for you.. I under stand your husband's passion about the faith. but tell him kindly that you want to go through your own journey like he did. that you have not scratched Islam off  yet, and you need time to learn and grow.. .. hopefully that would make him less frustrated.

again, welcome to our group. looking forward to hearing from you again.

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 3:47 PM

LOL Muhajjirah, assalamu alaikum, again my sister we seem to be typing at the same time and saying almost the same thing.. we should compare notes LOL  .. subhana Allah.

kindred spirits?? In Jannah insha 'Allah.

Love and salaam (peace)

Lilliesmom212
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM

I just wanted to personally thank you all who have responded to my post.  I am very much appreciative of your time that you have taken out to answer some of my questions. 

Just to clarify when I spoke of rituals I am only going by what I have seen.....for example, licking fingers instead of using a napkin, doing certain things with certain hands, saying certain words after one may sneeze, and a quick question about the prayer, you are required to say your prayer in arabic?  When we pray we would pray about the same thing at the same time?   How are you having a personal relationship with God if we are all praying about the same thing

(I guess that is where I get "chanting"  from my husband sometimes will change the way he says his prayer depending on the time of day.) 

Again thank you all for responding and I look forward to learning and speaking with you more.  

practicingislam
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Peace dear im sorry i forgot to add this to the last email i sent u,

Ok regarding eating with the right hand instead of the left, shaytan eats with his left hand so we do the opposite of shaytan , unless theres a good medical reason that you can only use your left hand then insh'Allah (Allah willing it is ok)

Licking the fingers basically is we should eat everything and not waste, of course we can use a napkin to wipe our hands but washing hands would be better afterward :)

Sneezing we should say to ourselves alhamdulillah (praise be to Allah) , because even in the scientific world they show that our heart skips a beat when we sneeze, and believe it or not some people have died from sneezing....so we are thanking Allah giving us another moment to live. and if another muslim sneezes we say Spelling if im wrong at least you'll get the pronunciation lol 

yaharmickallah (we are asking Allah to bless the other who sneezed)

regarding the prayer when you make prayer among you and Allah in your heart you can say what you feel of course, and even at the end of the daily five obligatory prayers you can talk in your heart to Allah , but as the angels do and we as muslims when we go do the five obligatory prayers yes it is one set prayer

and one should learn the arabic there are alot of rewards because its the original language the quran was revealed in for all people......

Heres the translation of the prayer of Al-fatihah that we recite in each rakat

In the name of Allah the most gracious most merciful

Praise be to Allah the cherisher and sustainer of the worlds

Most gracious most merciful

Master of the day of judgement

Thee do we worship, and thine aid we seek

Show us the straight way

The way of those on whom thou has bestowed thy grace , those whose portion is not wrath.  And who go not astray.

We say this in every prayer this is the basic and also another surah (chapter in the quran) in the first two rakats.

But at the end when we salam out we can make du'a(prayer) to Allah and ask him for our needs, and thank him for his mercy and so on..........

The prayers you do in your head when ever you need to is also personal between u and Allah.......

the surahs he's reading are not a form of chanting its actually a recitation of the surahs like the bible for instance its reading the quran but saying it in arabic............

I hope this helps........and of course we all love to help as best as we can

Quoting Lilliesmom212:

I just wanted to personally thank you all who have responded to my post.  I am very much appreciative of your time that you have taken out to answer some of my questions. 

Just to clarify when I spoke of rituals I am only going by what I have seen.....for example, licking fingers instead of using a napkin, doing certain things with certain hands, saying certain words after one may sneeze, and a quick question about the prayer, you are required to say your prayer in arabic?  When we pray we would pray about the same thing at the same time?   How are you having a personal relationship with God if we are all praying about the same thing

(I guess that is where I get "chanting"  from my husband sometimes will change the way he says his prayer depending on the time of day.) 

Again thank you all for responding and I look forward to learning and speaking with you more.  

muslimmom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Quoting Lilliesmom212:

Hello I am a muslim convert and I can tell you how I feel as prior to praying like a christian.. Well first of all in islam we have 2 types of prayer. 1 is Salah which this is the prayer we do everyday 5 times a day where we receipt part of the quran and do the standing bending and putting are head on the ground ect.. during this prayer I have never felt closer to God ever , putting my head on the ground for the fist time and begging Allah to guide me I knew this was the way I wanted to pray.. This is an act of worship we do at set time during the day.. We wake up first thing before sunrise every morning to show Allah is number one and to show are  love for Allah .. 2 prayer we have is called dua, which this is talking to Allah asking for things , telling him things saying what ever you wish to have a personal relationship with Allah. We can do this anytime , alot of times we do it when we are in the postion with are head on the ground because this is when we are closest to Allah . IT can be done at anytime though..

The fist type of prayer which you may not be familiar with doing keeps you connected with Allah all through the day , so if you get distracted with this life a prayer will come soon to reconnect you to be close to ALlah at all times it really helps from committing sins..I have such a close relationship with Allah know that I never had before , prior to islam I prayed on my time  only when I felt like it which was usually when I needed something.

I am not sure about not using a napkin thing , I use a  napkin. LOL but after we sneeze we say Alhamaku mula and I dont know the exact translation but it like saying "bless you" which isnt a weird ritual LOL 

I hope that helps you , that is just my feelings on it and good luck to you .

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Quoting Lilliesmom212:

Just to clarify when I spoke of rituals I am only going by what I have seen.....for example, licking fingers instead of using a napkin,

Greetings dear,

we dont' lick instead of using a napkin.  ( but BEFORE using the Napkin) it is encouraged to lick because as our prophet taught us, there is blessing in every food, we dont' know which bite.. that is why those who want to follow this particular Sunnah ( way of the prophet peace be upon him) want to get every blessing even in the last drop.. this applies to some of the foods that are eaten by hand. like dipping bread...etc.  you don't have to eat by hand if you dont' want to.. eating with utensils, I just make sure that there is not one grain of rice in my plate.. .

and again. this is an encouraged Sunnah, meaning, you get reward if you do it to follow the example of the prophet, but you do not get punishment for not doing it .

doing certain things with certain hands,

usually, we do good things with the right hand. like eating, drinking, giving charity...etc while we do unclean things with the left, like washing our privates after using the bathroom, or even cleaning the bathroom, or touching unclean things.  and yes we do this so we set ourselves apart from the accursed Devil who eats with his Left.

I need to point out here. that for you now. as a person interested in the faith.. things like that just fall into place once the faith has settled in your heart.. they might be strange now, and hard to fathom or accept. because to you. .prophet Muhammad peace be upon him is just some man who lived over a thousand years ago.

but when/if  Islam enters your heart. when the love for our beloved Prophet enters your heart. when you know that following His example will insha' Allah ( God willing) grant you his intercession on your behalf on the day of judgment. or that you be seated with him. or at least see him peace be upon him. then you would do all those things just out of love for him, and longing for Allah's Mercy through his intercession insha' Allah.

so dont' obsess now about these things there are more fundamental things now more important things.. the most basic .. the faith in Allah ( God) as One and Only, with no partners, no children, and no equals..  

saying certain words after one may sneeze

Islam is a way of life. everything in our lives, as practicing Muslims reminds us of God's mercy, and power. We were put on this earth to pass a test. and this test, is us being servants of God. and so you will find that many things have certain supplications to them. we do them to get closer to Allah, almighty, and also to follow in the example of our beloved prophet

it is your Muslim sister's right upon you, that if she sneezes that you tell her that may Allah have mercy on her.

there is an opinion that it goes back to the creation of Adam peace be upon him. that when the soul was breathed into him. and it reached his nose. he sneezed. and his first words were alhamdulilaah , and the angles told him (yarhamuka Allah) meaning may Allah have mercy on you.

, and a quick question about the prayer, you are required to say your prayer in arabic?  When we pray we would pray about the same thing at the same time?   How are you having a personal relationship with God if we are all praying about the same thing

Now, this is the most crucial question.. :)  a Muslim first and foremost , follows the commandments of Allah and his messenger without question. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said : pray as you saw me pray. so this means that when it comes to the five prayers ( salat) we have to pray like he taught us. this is a worship that is done in a certain manner, and it will not be accepted otherwise.

so yes, you have to pray in Arabic. but if you cannot in the beginning then there are some supplications that you can do until you are able to memorize Surah 1 in Arabic. it is not as hard as you think. and the supplications are not that many..

a Muslim is not one in an individual relation but also a part of an Ummah ( collective nation) Praying the same way, fasting the same month, going to pilgrimage the same time.. all these give unity to the Ummah . and ensures that those practices are passed down unchanged to the following generations.

but there are two kinds of prayers. Salat ( which are the series of movements, supplications, and verses done in a certain manner- at certain times- facing Mecca- and after washing up) and those are the obligation.

then there are the supplications. ( dua') those you can do ANY time, in Any language, facing any where, you can utter or whisper.. you can use your own words, or the words of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him. ,, these add to your 'personal' relation with Allah.

reading more Quran. doing more good deeds. ..etc. we all have different levels of faith, and different levels of 'relationships" as you call them with Allah. based on our deeds and actions. but the base line is the same ( should be the same for all practicing Muslims)  which is doing the obligatory worships. those are a given. no wiggle room. but you improve your relation by doing more.

hope this makes sense to you,  I understand it is a bit overwhelming.. but I am hoping that our new Muslim sisters would tell you how long they struggled with it. but after they embraced the faith, how it changed their lives.

I pray that Allah will make easy on you what is best for you.

looking forward to hearing from you again.

Love and salaam (peace)

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:27 PM

peace to you lilliesmom,

wow- in just a few responses you've got tons of information! i can imagine that must be overwhelming. i truly commend you for seeking knowledge, for not following this or that without convinction, and for being truthful with yourself in wanting to know and understand what Islam stands for regardless of actions made by others which seem quite odd and strange. with this sincerity of grasping the meaning of this way of life you will at the very least have a deep appreciation and an admiration for Islam if not anything else by the will of God.

in the eyes and hearts of a true Muslim- a practicing Muslim.. Allah grants contentment and peace, and yes, even through the inevitable struggles of life. sincerity is something that can only be read in the hearts of people by our Creator, but actions based on knowledge is a strong indicator of devotion. so if  your husband does this or that and gives you a choppy answer you do not understand- then this does not mean Islam itself does not  have the answer. every Muslim who is true to their religion is on a life of striving to better themselves in this life for the pleasure of Allah in hopes that there will be a great reward to follow. some Muslims learn something that Prophet Muhammad (peace & blessings be upon him) did and immediately implement that without understanding of why or how he did that. this can be admirable, but this can also lead to further confusion. one thing you should always know is that Islam promotes understanding not just blind faith.

id like to make a small suggestion to you. learn the basics first and then get into the details, the extras. if you are able to get a grip on the 6 fundamental beliefs of Islam (as i offered in the other comment)- and able to comprehend the significance of the 5 pillars of Islam (proclaiming that there is One God and Prophet Muhammad is the Last Messenger, praying 5 times a day for a few minutes, charity, fasting during the holy days of Ramadan and a holy pilgrimage to Makkah once in a lifetime if possible) then that would be a great start.

may you find all the answers you are looking for.

peace & warm regards,

muhajjirah

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)