Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thank you and mother in law update

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:51 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 222 Total Views

Many of you have been great support for me when I posted about the situation with my husband and my mother in law.  She passed away today.  She had been suffering with kidney failure and was on dialysis for the last 6 months or so.   My brother in law is becoming very difficult and does not want my husband to go to the funeral.  I am just tired of these two acting so immature and childish and not doing what is right for their mom. I want my husband to be able to take our sons to her funeral and I hope and pray that my BIL does not cause a scene or anything like that.  I thank you all for your prayers when I had asked for them. 

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:42 PM

subhana Allah ( praised and exalted be God) ..

I was just going to post in the other post and tell you to remind those two brothers that caring for an ailing mother is a duty, and treating her in the manner they had been is a major sin. I was going to say that it seems your mother in law's life is close to an end, and that those two men should jump at the chance to be dutiful to her, in hopes that their act of kindness towards her be their way to Jannah ( Heaven) .

but I come here today and read your post about her passing. May Allah have mercy on her, may her grave be spacious, and may it be a garden of Eden. Ameen. May all her pains be expiation of her sins. and may she be at peace now, Ameen.  May your kindness to her be counted in your deeds. and may Allah guide you to what is best for you  .. Ameen.

it is sad that now , even in her death, they are acting like immature brats. ( sorry) wasnt' the brother in law wanting to drop off the face of the earth so that no one can find him and you be stuck with the care of the mother?  I think since you were the one who cared most for her in her life, that you get to decide who should be there during her funeral.  Plus, your brother in law has NO right preventing her son from coming to pray Janaazah on her ..

I am so sorry. so sorry that you had to go through all that, so sorry that your mother in law died with a broken heart, and so sorry that even in her death, she is still being used as an excuse for arguing. 

you have been , and will continue to be in my prayers. may her death finally shake some sense into your husband. may he finally wake up and see what he has already lost, and hopefully try to make it up by  acting like a father to his own children , and fixing the problems in your marriage to your satisfaction.

dont' know what else to say... except we belong to Allah and to Him we return.. may Allah have mercy on her. and grant her the gardens of Eden. may He forgive her and shade her. and all our Muslim brothers and sisters,  Ameen.

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

practicingislam
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:34 PM

La hawla wa la quwatta illa billah, and Allah knows best but i feel since you've told us the situation that your exhusband has alot to do with her illness may Allah guide him to open his eyes and stop being so arrogant astagfullah.

Subhan'Allah I am so deeply saddened to hear this i truly am , i mean my heart has a sinking feeling, eventhough i didnt know her personally your ex husband did a major crisis to you and especially his own mom.

I am so deeply sad tonight i know its the Qadr .

May Allah Forgive her sins, and grant her highest levels in jannah ameen, may Allah let all of what her son did to her and you be a mountains full of barakah ameen.

Oh my heart subhan'Allah.

I hope you can handle this well and remember you are one of a kind subhan'Allah when he wouldnt help her you did .....

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:02 AM

hello artteacher..

all glory belongs to our Creator for Who creates us in weakness, then we attain strength and if we live long enough we all return to a state of weakness. truly we are all created by Allah and it is to Allah we will all return. may Allah have mercy on her in the grave, and in the Hereafter..ameen.

as far as her sons, well- i fear that they might be in BIG TROUBLE with their Creator for the way they neglected their mother who has the most rights upon them (after Allah). with all due respect, i feel that it could be because of the supplications made for you by the sisters here as well as your call to God that He relieved their mom from her hardships in this life, and the hardships that were placed on you in caring for her. Allah Knows Best. but as a result their chance in gaining ajr for caring for their mom is over and this is both frightening and saddening.

i hope that you understand that the behavior of these two brothers couldn't contrast more from the teachings of Islam and i am- as a muslim sister am ashamed of their actions. and i hope for their sake..that their mother before she died..forgave them for the lack of respect, lack of compassion, lack of mercy they demonstrated towards their mother, lest Allah should punish them. may Allah guide them, guide you and guide all of us in always caring for the weak..especially when they were those who bore us. 

thank you for sharing..and i hope you will continue to stay along with us in muslim moms.

peace.

muhajjirah 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)