Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just want to know...does not meant to offend anyone!!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:52 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 563 Total Views

hey im reya im from England.... i just want to know that all moms in this group are muslim by birth? or just  converted or newly converted (when)....i really appreciate everyone here....does not  meant to offend anyone...im 29 and ALHUMDULILLAH muslim by birth....i hope everyone can understand me...thanks

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WLNL0507
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:57 PM

Asalaam Alaykum

My name is Leena, Im also 29. I converted to Islam 9 years ago. Nice to meet you.

Masalaama

ProudMuslimMa2B
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:17 PM

As Salaam Alaikum, I am Haajarah and I converted to Islam April last year.

peachface21
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:08 PM

asalaam aleikum my name is Denise and i have been muslim since nov of 2007...

practicingislam
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I am a revert i took shahada like over 10 years ago but i feel my true shahada was about 7 years ago

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:07 AM

asalaamalaikum sister reya,

no offense taken..

there is diversity in this group and not everyone is muslim. all are welcome to come in and share, learning about the Quran and Sunnah and life of muslim women from with different circumstances.

we are all born as Muslims, but i was raised as a Muslim too. however there was a turning point in my life where i started to practice for the sake of Allah moreso then just doing it for the sake of my parents being happy with me.

i also find those who embrace Islam to be of the most inspiring Muslims and perhaps of the best in our Ummah because of their reverance to seeking knowledge and striving to please Allah in every way.,  mashaAllah.

welcome to the group btw..

muhajjirah

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 8:09 AM

No offense taken smile

assalamu alaikum sister and welcome to our group.

sister Muhajjirah seems to have stolen my answer.. lol,  I too am a born and raised Muslimah,  but I too feel that the brothers and sisters who look for Islam and embrace it, are an inspiration. and every time I hear of a revert, I am humbled,  at their strength, looking for something other than what they are used to, and leaving all they know, for a new faith, Masha' Allah. Masha' Allah Tabaaraka Allah.

and like Muhajjirah said, we have a diverse group of sisters on here, Muslim and NON Muslim.  raised in Islam and reverted to Islam.. Masha' Allah.

insha' Allah  you will find a home here with us. looking forward to hearing from you again.

I leave you in the trusted care of Allah.

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

Weverly314
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Like others said, not all of us are Muslim.  Its a friendly place for us non-Muslims, too.

sonorared
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Hello Reya.  I live in Scotland.   I am not Muslim.  I originally joined the group because I needed to learn more about Islam for a job I had.  I no longer do that work but I stayed with the group because it is my favorite and I treasure the ladies here.

RissaBusch
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 2:51 PM

As salaamu alaikum,

My name is Clarissa and I'm a fairly new revert.  I reverted to Islam on Oct 20, 2009. I'll never forget that day lol.  I was terrified at the masjid.  So I'm still learning.  I have my up days and my down days but manage to get through.

reya_malik
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 3:55 PM

ASSALAMUALIKUM, well im really happy for the response from all sisters....yes it is a great platform for all of us to share views and get knowledge about Islam....i hope ALLAH will give us guidance towards the way of Islam and we welcomed all others towards Islam.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)