Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am DONE!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 386 Total Views

the husband and i are finished,he just hurt me again so i have no choice but to leave,maybe i just am not cut out to be a good muslim,i dont know,but i feel really awful,,and i am going to have to figure out where to go,i asked him  to give me at least 30 days for that,he agreed because,he felt guilty for hurting me

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
practicingislam
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:26 AM

asalamu alaikum sis if he is muslim he has to give you your Iddah period 90 days (3 months) of support

I pray Allah will protect you and help your Iman to grow, sometimes people hurt us and we feel worthless but take the opportunity instead to strengthen your Iman with Allah seek knowledge keep praying keep motivating yourself to please Allah

Allah is so merciful and sometimes when we go through hard situations its a wake up call for our ownself our Iman , i have gone through hardships alot of them in my life but i chose to use them as examples with Allahs mercy to build my Iman for the sake the of Allah ...

In all difficulty comes ease as Allah tells us, and we are here to talk if you need sister, and

why do you feel like your not cut out to be a good muslim.. a good muslim is one whose foundation is Allah

and all else are learning steps in building our Iman, dont give up turn to Allah and strengthen your Iman and insh'Allah these things in life wont harm you when your iman is strong, and for moments when the Iman is low keep turning to Allah

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:42 AM

Assalamu alaikum sister,

I am sorry for your trouble, and I pray that your walking away from this man is in your best interest insha Allah. we should not stay where we get harm.

I agree with my sister practicingislam, and I would like to add a comment about your " not a good muslim" remark.

if you are saying this as a means to push your self further to be a better Muslim ( non of us is perfect, we just do what we can) then that is good. and commendable, we should always feel like we need to do more. it is dangerous when we think that we are great Muslims, and that we are set, we do no wrong. and we are going to Jannah .. this is a dangerous pride that will land us in deep trouble to say the least.. However. we should trust in  Allah's infinite mercy. that He the almighty will accept our good deeds. and we pray to HIM that He guides us, forgives us and accepts us

falling into despair, is a form of giving up, and that leads us astray. it is also haram because you are putting yourself in a place where you are deciding what Allah would or would not accept from you, and you have given up on His mercy. ( both are haram) please my sister. DO not despair. Do not sell yourself short saying that you are a bad Muslim so you might as well give up , and it is ok for other "better" Muslims to hurt you.. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO......  Trust in Allah's guidance, and depend on HIM> and know that HE alone knows who is a good Muslim and who is not. and regardless of your  struggles, it does not give any one the right to hurt you, harm you or judge you.

we are all struggling with our own challenges, demons, and short comings.. subhaana Allah, may Allah accept from us and guide us.

may He forgive all our faults that people dont' know of us. and guide us to what pleases Him and make us better.. Ameen.

((((HUGS)))) you are in my dua'  Please keep us posted.

and if you need help with anything you are struggling with in your Iman ( faith) please let us know. we might help. or just offer an ear, a shoulder.. or a smile.

I leave you in the trusted care of  Allah. May He alleviate your suffering, aid you and guide you, Ameen.

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

twinkles7
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:38 PM

salam he divorced me last night or actually 6 am this morning,even called the Imam at the masjid,...AND YES HE TOLD ME THAT HE WILL help  take care of me during Iddah period, In'shallah I will be able to find somewhere to go, or I In'shallah will have someway to take care of myself,,  I want to cry........

sisnur
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Quoting twinkles7:

salam he divorced me last night or actually 6 am this morning,even called the Imam at the masjid,...AND YES HE TOLD ME THAT HE WILL help  take care of me during Iddah period, In'shallah I will be able to find somewhere to go, or I In'shallah will have someway to take care of myself,,  I want to cry........

Waalaikumsalam,

Inshallah maybe that is the best even though its really hurt.. I can imagine how you feel. If you need someone to talk or just being an ear we are here or you can pm and add me to chat, InshAllah

Big hug

maisah
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:23 PM

You are in my du3s sis... Alhumdulilah for th wonderful comments from the sisters... may they be comforting to you  <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)