Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question help

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 6:21 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 322 Total Views
helps knowledgeable sister help me answer this question. It is from my post in current events and hot topics.

"Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting ProudMuslimMa2B:

Ask me anything!
Disclaimer: I also ask hard questions of people belonging to other faiths.

May I ask you about apostasy, 5:33 and the meaning of "wage war against Allah and His
Messenger"?

My understanding is that if a male adult sane Muslim, living in a Muslim country, becomes an atheist or Christian and dares say so publically (by, for instance, posting about it on the internet), and if when given three days to repent of their apostacy they still speak out against Islam, then the majority view of current Islamic legal scholars is that the correct interpretation of the Qur'an is that the man should be executed.

But there is a minority 'liberal' view that "wage war" should be interpreted as physically joining on the battlefield enemies who are actually shooting at Muslims, rather than just stating disbelief in Islam or arguing in support of disbelief.

Where do you stand?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 6:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ProudMuslimMa2B
by on Nov. 12, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Sorry for mystyping.. On mobile lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM
Quoting ProudMuslimMa2B:

Sorry for mystyping.. On mobile lol

Old post, but thank you for trying to find an answer.

Did anyone ever reply to you with advice?

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Old post? Sorry I'm just seeing this. I was MIA for a while. Would love to answer. Inshallah when I get the chance to sit at my computer. Bear with me. :)

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 11:39 AM
When you quote the Qumran you should always quote the verse before and 2-34 ...If any one slew a person - unless it be as punishment for murder or for spreading corruption in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

I don't understand your perception it's very clear if someone wages war against Muslims that's how a Muslim must react. Nothing to do with leaving Islam.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Clairwil
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

When you quote the Qumran you should always quote the verse before and 2-34 ...If any one slew a person - unless it be as punishment for murder or for spreading corruption in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our apostles with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land. The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter; Except for those who repent before they fall into your power: in that case, know that Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

I don't understand your perception it's very clear if someone wages war against Muslims that's how a Muslim must react. Nothing to do with leaving Islam.

So if I understand you correctly, in your view 5:33 shouldn't be used to support a death penalty for apostacy?

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Nov. 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM
No not at all it says for waging war against muslims

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

So if I understand you correctly, in your view 5:33 shouldn't be used to support a death penalty for apostacy?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)