Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children's Book "Muhammad"

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:45 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 241 Total Views
This a book by Demi (no first name). I was wondering if anyone is familiar with it. If so, is it a valid depiction? We checked it out at the library today and I want to be sure it is a good source to read from. JazakAllahu khairun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
muslimah4life Group Admin
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:26 PM
It has some good reviews by Muslims on amazon. Only prob. They show faces of other prophets ( they don't show prophet Muhammad peace br upon him. You can just mark the faces out with a golden marker.

Hope this helps
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/0689852649/ref=aw_d_cr_books
-Cassandra-
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 11:17 PM

I have it and like it.  It's a fairly good book.  There are the issues as mentioned about depictions of other's faces besides Muhammad but considering the Author is not a Muslim I thought it was pretty respectfully done.  I don't think it has any biographical errors or historical errors or anything like that so it shouldn't be misleading to read it.  If you purchase it yourself you could mark out the faces with a gold marker but considering it's a library copy I wouldn't but you could go through and pre cut some post-it's to fit over any faces that shouldn't be showing if want so your kids won't see the faces.

EmmAlesh
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 7:05 AM
Thank you both for your responses. Is it because they are prophets (peace upon them) that the faces can't be there or because they are faces in general? Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimah4life Group Admin
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 8:09 AM
I think it's both. More importantly is that it's out if respect for the prophets. That's why in movies or tv ( not drawings) you still shouldn't show the face of the man playing the role of the prophet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)