Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Jinn- Ghosts Spirits Demons in Islam

Posted by   + Show Post

Assalamu Alaikum,

Was searching for a topic unrelated to the one I am posting about on you tube and this video showed up on the side of the page. Really glad I clicked on it!

I never truly got the understanding of the jinn from reading, alhamdulilah, I now am much more clear on the jinn after viewing the video. The first 25 min or so summed it up for me and I did NOT want to watch anymore for fear of me being confused but I did go back to complete it and wasnt disappointed.

Would recommend...here's the link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft4EU8Oon3E

It talks about how salat, dua, and remembering ALLAH(swt) protects from the jinn. For those not familiar with the jinn, it is the 72nd surah of the Quran.

by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Replies (11-14):
-Cassandra-
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:02 PM

So would deja-vu be caused by jinn as well?  Extra curious because I just had a deja-vu moment a few days ago.

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Quoting -Cassandra-:

So would deja-vu be caused by jinn as well?  Extra curious because I just had a deja-vu moment a few days ago.

recently i listened to a scholar from the west who said that this is attributed to short term memory loss, in other words...these episodes of de-ja-vu are things that have happened but our minds were not attached to them so that when they happen again, it seems as if we are convinced it hasnt happened before, but that it has.

i dont want to give the name of the scholar because im not sure if im explaining him correctly or not, ill look into it though and get back on this thread inshaAllah. however, i dont remeber that this has been attributed to jinn at all by any scholar (i could be wrong).

inshaAllah ill get back later today with more, let me read up first.

Mamasluvin
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Salaam Walaikum....

I do not come on here often (and post) but I do read :)

This is a subject close to my heart. All my life I have been visited by Jinn. When I was younger I would see them, now I can only sense them. I only converted over to Islam in June of 2011, so this is all new to me still. I do not dabble in the cards, I do not play with Quija boards, I do not do seances or anything of that sort. I have spoken to sister's of mine that think that what I can do is not right, and I kindly understand where they are coming from. However, when I get a message for a friend who had a loved one pass away, I will give it to them. This does not happen often, but when it does, these people are struggling over the death of their loved one, and these messages generally give them peace. (My messages are always for my friends who are not Muslim). I know I will most likely be frowned upon, but, in all actuality I look at it in this way. If what I am doing is wrong, the Allah (SWT) will deal with me when I am gone. Just the way I see things I guess.

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on May. 30, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Quoting Mamasluvin:

Salaam Walaikum....

I do not come on here often (and post) but I do read :)

This is a subject close to my heart. All my life I have been visited by Jinn. When I was younger I would see them, now I can only sense them. I only converted over to Islam in June of 2011, so this is all new to me still. I do not dabble in the cards, I do not play with Quija boards, I do not do seances or anything of that sort. I have spoken to sister's of mine that think that what I can do is not right, and I kindly understand where they are coming from. However, when I get a message for a friend who had a loved one pass away, I will give it to them. This does not happen often, but when it does, these people are struggling over the death of their loved one, and these messages generally give them peace. (My messages are always for my friends who are not Muslim). I know I will most likely be frowned upon, but, in all actuality I look at it in this way. If what I am doing is wrong, the Allah (SWT) will deal with me when I am gone. Just the way I see things I guess.

Wa'Alaikum Asalaam Warahmat ALLAH Wabarakatu,

You know Sister, Sometimes we need to stop and ask what all of this really means.  In Islam we are created by Allah, and to Allah we will all return. Every matter that comes up in our lives that we choose to do will either be for or against us.  If we are unaware of how something should be dealt with in Islam we should aim for that understanding. If we don't get a particular ruling, or command or teaching..at the very least we should submit if we believe that it comes from the correct and true teachings of our religion. This is a big part of tawakkul, putting a trust in Allah..that Allah Knows what we have no clue on and always wants whats best for us even though with our limited insights we seek to fulfill our egos. Having said all this, it is of no surprise to you- mashaAllah..you've embraced Islam a year ago, tabarakAllah! You must have given up so much for the sake of Allah alhamdulilah, and are probably at more peace with yourself now than at any other time in your life ago. You are in inspiration for leaving what Allah dislikes and entering into living your life for the sake of your Creator. May Allah reward you tremendously for that and continue to guide you. We are all in need of guidance, which brings me to the next thing Id like to mention.. 

At least 17 times a day, if we are committed to our 5daily prayers we are sincerely asking Allah to guide us. Doesn't matter who we are, how much knowledge one has, or how long one has been Muslim for..17 times a day every Muslim is to recited alFatiha, in the 6th Verse we ask Allah "Ihdeena Siratal Mustaqeem"/ Guide us on the Straight Path. No one is excused from reciting these verses, no matter what level of eman, experience, knowledge we have. It affirms our humility which we strive to have and maintain for the sake of the Most Merciful and an aknowledgement that being a believer there is no room for nonsense arrogance, that Islam is a gift to our hearts, souls, life and hope for the Hereafter.  Islam is something we should continually educate ourselves on, even the most righteous scholars never called themselves 'scholars', but rather 'students of knowledge' up until the day they died. Even though it was quite obvious that they were granted so much wisdom in their knowledge and their relations in teaching others.

So what on Earth is my point here? :)

It seems that you already know that communication with Jinn is forbidden, yet you continue to partake in them for the sake of your friends to ease the pain of others. Although your gesture is to give them comfort, it is doing not admirable in the Sight of Allah to go about it with this approach, it is not something that will earn you rewards- it will just eat away at good deeds in your account on the Scale. Not only is it forbidden my dear sister, it is decietful because when we die, we do not communicate with those who are living.  This is the big game of Jinn who follow Iblees and are not amongst the believers.  So these Jinn who appear do nothing benefical but to toy with humanity, to toy with the hearts of people so that they are encouraged to live in memories of their deceased, for their deceased, and to keep that relationship with the deceased intact and strong as ever...as a distraction in turning to Allah.  When the fact is, in Islam we beleive the deceased are awaiting their Rise on Judgement Day dealing with either rewards or penalties in the grave. It may feel good to be helping others- your nonMuslim friends, but this is unjust towards yourself, towards them, and towards Allah. Interesting how the messages you get are never for your Muslim friends or sisters in Islam. Interesting how it has decreased significantly since you've become a Muslim as well. Why do you think this is? It seems that some Jinn have stopped messing with you  because you are a believer, while some more arrogant ones perhaps are persistent in corrupting you. Allah Knows Best.

In conclusion, I highly rec'd you do a few things. Be persistent in reciting Ayat Al-Kursi, 2:255, the Last 3 Surahs in the Quran, and the duaa's that go along with them in the morning and night.  Until these 'messages' stop for good, if and when they come up- do not speak of them, seek refuge with Allah and know that there is really nothing friendly or good of them EVEN if they appear to be so. Strong believing Jinn do not attempt to communicate with people. We too, are instructed not to get into their rhelm. Rather, if we need anything, we should turn to Allah..and there is no gain on either end to be associated with one another.

Sometimes we see something one way, but we should always be on a lookout for whats Islamically correct. If we are confused, the very least we should do is to pray Istikhara...if the writings, information we are given just doesnt make sense. But we should never be satisfied with the status quo if we are given advice that something is forbidden unless we have authentic proof and evidences that whatever information is actually incorrect. If you'd like more on what the scholars have said, hang tight because Im about to post something inshaAllah as another sister requested of me yesterday. In the meantime, I hope I have not offended you and that Allah will guide you to what pleases Him the Most, I put my trust in Allah that He will..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)