Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what Islam is all about~ general info and Frequently asked Questions, HOW to pray + Glossary

Posted by   + Show Post

Salaam to all
In this thread. we will post basic introductory information about our faith. to kind of give a general glimpse or description if you will, to our new non-Muslim sisters and to the visitors to the group.
it will also contain some fundamental information for our Muslim sisters as well. for knowledge and for tathkira ( reminders)
every now and then we will be adding more info, and please feel free to ask your questions about anything. and sisters, please feel free to add any information you feel needs to be shared.

per some sisters' request, we will also include translations of some of the words that are frequently used by Muslims.. ( thank you bfssmom)

Peace (salaam) to all

--------------------------------------------------------

First and most importantly:

HOW TO PRAY.  video that helps.. may it be of benefit insha Allah.

here is the link to one of our main discussions of Hijab.. I thought I'd add it here to free the front page from too many stickies..

Why the head cover?

Here are other posts that were sticky for a while but are not anymore, or those that contain important information about our beautiful faith:

personal experience vs Islamic teachings

Islam is against terrorism and extremism

What is Jihad?

Ahmadiya, Qadyiahniya, Lahoriaya = Kuffaar

Abortion in Islam

Questions about  Islam posted on other groups

Ramadan: Questions and comments

Our Duty towards the Quran

When backbiting is allowed

More info on nation of Islam

the crescent and the star are they symbols of islam?

Istikharah prayer : when , how, and other related issues

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

by on Feb. 19, 2007 at 7:48 AM
Replies (71-74):
muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Mar. 21, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Quoting peaceseeker84:

Muhajjirah,

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for such a thorough answer! I really didn't know what type of response I was going to get, and yours proved to be better than I could have imagined. I find myself full of questions as I read, seek, and observe, so I'm sure I'll be back shortly. 

Thanks Again!you rock

Peaceseeker..you are very welcome! plz feel free to keep the questions coming and if we don't have the answers here, then Godwilling we at least (for the most part) know where to get them :)

love your screen name too!

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Jun. 19, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Asalaamalaaikum Sisters,

Please check out this video (be forwarned its about 2hours long, but inshaAllah quite motivating and heart warming accounts of Muslim Reverts.

Its called, "Unheard stories of Muslim Converts" courtesy of MM Member umMustafa and other Muslimahs who requested this be made a sticky Im placing it here:

but you can check out the very personal thread led by this video right here:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97/forums/read/14292526/Unheard_Stories_of_Muslim_Converts

may Allah make it beneficial to everyone and inspire us to continue striving for the sake of Allah.

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Aug. 15, 2011 at 5:07 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/97/forums/read/14669948/The_Crescent_and_the_Star_Is_it_a_valid_symbol_for_ISLAM

MissPuchiCampos
by on Mar. 27, 2012 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you so much for the How To Pray Video

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN