Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Profanity- A reminder first for myself

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 328 Total Views

Salam Alikom,

I was thinking about the topics of profanity and obscenity of speech this morning. I grew up around profanity, it was common in every day language. Now as a Muslim I see how damaging such language is. Profanity isn't just those 4 letter words its the entire context which the words are being used. Alhamduallah we are blessed with speech we are blessed with communication but we must remember that our speech must be modest, clean and honorable. I say this first to myself because its something I struggle with. We must strive to be the best Muslims we can be following the example of Prophet Mohammad pbuh. We are examples in this country of Islam how we dress, act, and speak people notice. People watch us when we are in public how we present ourselves there can and does leave impressions onto people do we want them to see sisters decked out in full hijab or even niquab but allow filth to flow from our mouths? Or do we want them to see and hear only the best from us? More so in our homes, around our children who we are teaching Islam to do we want them to learn such language and feel the effect of such language? I say this to myself first beware of profanity and obscenity of speech it does nothing but erode our deenour heart and our families and if done in public can have consequences on how people view our religion.  

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mishmish Group Admin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM
thank you sister! may Allah reward you for this reminder to us! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM

mashaAllah! jazakAllah kheir sister for this important & beneficial reminder! 

HeatUSA-Tunisia
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Thank you for this post. It is a great reminder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)