Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calling all bloggers!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

As Salaam Alaikum

I love to read blogs...But, I would love to follow blogs by some Muslimahs. If you have a blog or follow some blogs that you enjoy, PLEASE share!  (I don't have one yet)

Thanks in advance

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I dont' blog.. lol. I barely have time to log on Muslim Moms.. so I guess my posts on here are my blogs.. kind of like Mlogs..  ( lol.. get it.. Muslim mom logs... Ok not funny.. ) 

if you find any beneficial ones. please feel free to share.

I have one reservation against blogging. and that is writing about private things in ones personal life.. and even worse.. prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said : ' it is enough lying from a person to tell all he hears" ..  so constant posting about personal things, things from other people..etc. eventually puts a person in the trap of sinning, like relating lies, gossip, slander.. or simply wasting time on non beneficial things..

Islamic reminders, inspirational thoughts or stories are always nice to post, hadiths, verses, ..etc. are things I would love to read about in a blog.. something that is not a total waste of my time..

no offense intended.. just my two cents. :)

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

lajolla
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Sister Proud, no offense taken, I understand this is personnal thing. Because I am somewhat private, I would never have pictures of my family or anything like that. There are many blogs out there and I just started looking at a few. Blogs can and are a great source of interest and way to connect with people and depending on the topics, quite beneficial.  DIY blogs and coupon blogs are pretty safe.There are so many things going on daily, I just check in a few places during my self allotted computer time.

My favorite blog so far is http://www.myhalalkitchen.com/

Quoting proud2bmom3:

I dont' blog.. lol. I barely have time to log on Muslim Moms.. so I guess my posts on here are my blogs.. kind of like Mlogs..  ( lol.. get it.. Muslim mom logs... Ok not funny.. ) 

I have one reservation against blogging. and that is writing about private things in ones personal life.. and even worse.. prophet Muhammad peace be upon him said : ' it is enough lying from a person to tell all he hears" ..  so constant posting about personal things, things from other people..etc. eventually puts a person in the trap of sinning, like relating lies, gossip, slander.. or simply wasting time on non beneficial things..

Islamic reminders, inspirational thoughts or stories are always nice to post, hadiths, verses, ..etc. are things I would love to read about in a blog.. something that is not a total waste of my time..

Jasminemomof3
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:20 PM

OOOOoooo! you too Sr Lajolla?  I love it when she posts something new whenever she can...I wonder she is based in chicago or not?

Quoting lajolla:

Sister Proud, no offense taken, I understand this is personnal thing. Because I am somewhat private, I would never have pictures of my family or anything like that. There are many blogs out there and I just started looking at a few. Blogs can and are a great source of interest and way to connect with people and depending on the topics, quite beneficial.  DIY blogs and coupon blogs are pretty safe.There are so many things going on daily, I just check in a few places during my self allotted computer time.

Quoting proud2bmom3:

lajolla
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:15 AM

yes Sr.Jasmine, she is in Chicago, but travels to teach classes!

Quoting Jasminemomof3:

OOOOoooo! you too Sr Lajolla?  I love it when she posts something new whenever she can...I wonder she is based in chicago or not?

Quoting lajolla:

Quoting proud2bmom3:

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 10:37 AM
i used to blog..longgggg time ago. no time for it now though. but I like to go to muslimmatters.org for some interesting pieces on american muslims from time to time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arabica
by on Mar. 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Does twitter count? You can follow me @elhabil, I follow daily hadiths, aljazeera imam suhaib Webb, imaam yasir qaadir there are a lot of beneficial groups to follow

Quoting lajolla:

As Salaam Alaikum

I love to read blogs...But, I would love to follow blogs by some Muslimahs. If you have a blog or follow some blogs that you enjoy, PLEASE share!  (I don't have one yet)

Thanks in advance

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lajolla
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Thank you Arabica. I have placed myself on a very strict "internet diet', so this is very helpful!

Quoting Arabica:

Does twitter count? You can follow me @elhabil, I follow daily hadiths, aljazeera imam suhaib Webb, imaam yasir qaadir there are a lot of beneficial groups to follow

Quoting lajolla:

As Salaam Alaikum

Thanks in advance

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)