Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Durood e taj

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 980 Total Views

Assalam alaikum,

I just wanted to know about Durood e taj. Can someone please help me with this? Actually i am ttc for some months now (surely feels like years ...) and a friend of mine asked me to recite durood e taj for 21 days and surah maryam daily. Any idea with this?

Jazakallah

by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:07 PM

WaAlaikum Asalaam Warahmat ALLAH Wabarkatu Dear Sister..

May Allah bless you with healthy righteous offspring. What you have mentioned here is a bida' false innovation, actually shrik! The Durood e taj is a means of making duaa to Prophet Muhammad salAllahu alayhee wasallam which is forbidden. We shouldnt be making duaa to anyone except Allah alone. There are certain duaas that are in the Sunnah and there are merits of saying certain athkar (remembrances) throughout the day with certain amount of times..simple example like Surat alIkhlas 3 times before bed..that sort of thing. But there is nothing in authentic teachings of Islam which advocates for doing durood for 21 days or reading Surah Maryam in exchange for a righteous child. What you should do is to persist in asking Allah, increasing your thikr using Allah's Names, your knowledge, your strength in Islam based on its authentic sources and know that Allah Hears you and will do what is best for you inshaAllah. Surah Maryam is a virtue of the Holy Quran and in it is the story of Prophet Zakaria who made duaa for a child and ofcourse the miraculous birth of Prophet Jesus alayhee salaam is expressed. However it does not justify that innovations should be followed. 

Is reading some sorts of daroods like darood-taj and darood_lakhi and darood_tunajaiyna etc bidaa`t. 

Praise be to Allaah.  

We know nothing about what is in these wirds (daroods), but we can tell you some guidelines that you can follow in order to know what is prescribed in Islam and what is bid’ah: 

1 – The best wirds are those whose words were narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because Allaah did not choose for him anything but the most perfect and the best, and he did not choose anything but that for his ummah. 

2 – It is permissible for a person to send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in words that were not narrated (in sharee’ah), so long as they do not include anything that is forbidden, such as exaggerating about him, or praying to Allaah by virtue of the Prophet, or calling upon him instead of Allaah. 

3 – The one who is remembering Allaah (reciting dhikr) should not specify any particular time, number or manner of reciting dhikr unless that is proven with saheeh evidence, because Allaah cannot be worshipped except in the manner that He has prescribed in His Book or on the lips of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Worship must be that which is prescribed in sharee’ah, with regard to the act itself, the manner in which it is done, the time when it is done and how many times it is done. Whoever adopts a wird whose wording was not narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or specifies a particular number of times or does it at a specific time, is committing bid’ah. 

The scholars called this bid’ah al-bid’ah al-idaafiyyah (additional innovation??), because the action itself is prescribed in sharee’ah, but some innovation has been added to it with regard to the manner, the number of times or when it is to be done. 

You should note that all goodness rests in following that which has been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whoever studies those who recite made-up wirds will find that usually they are falling short when it comes to doing that which was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) such as the dhikrs for morning and evening, etc. This confirms what was narrated from one of the salaf, who said that no person ever introduces an innovation but he gives up an equivalent Sunnah. 

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Assalamu alaikum. Thank u muhajjirah for answering. Though I still have not read your reply. Sorry I am out and on my phone but read this and didn't want to wait till I got home late tonight to answer. So forgive me if I repeat what you said

Darood attaaj is a rejected innovation in the least. But worse than that it contains elements of shirk. So it is HARAM to recite it, teach it or condone it.
Surah Mariam does not have that virtue mentioned about it any where in Islam. However there IS the dua of zakariyya we have it here on the group. I will try to find and bump inshallah.

May Allah grant you the righteous children. And what is best. You are in my dua.
I will come back later withore detail inshallah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting proud2bmom3:

Assalamu alaikum. Thank u muhajjirah for answering. Though I still have not read your reply. Sorry I am out and on my phone but read this and didn't want to wait till I got home late tonight to answer. So forgive me if I repeat what you said

Darood attaaj is a rejected innovation in the least. But worse than that it contains elements of shirk. So it is HARAM to recite it, teach it or condone it.
Surah Mariam does not have that virtue mentioned about it any where in Islam. However there IS the dua of zakariyya we have it here on the group. I will try to find and bump inshallah.

May Allah grant you the righteous children. And what is best. You are in my dua.

wa'alaikum asalaam warahmat ALLAH sister proud :) always love reading what you have to say..even when its similar to my response because then i know i didnt mess up in an answer (i think!) looking forward to reading more details from you sis inshaAllah, as im sure many here are also doing the same..

yulla!! :)

frds
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting muhajjirah:

May Allah bless you with healthy righteous offspring. What you have mentioned here is a bida' false innovation, actually shrik! The Durood e taj is a means of making duaa to Prophet Muhammad salAllahu alayhee wasallam which is forbidden. We shouldnt be making duaa to anyone except Allah alone. There are certain duaas that are in the Sunnah and there are merits of saying certain athkar (remembrances) throughout the day with certain amount of times..simple example like Surat alIkhlas 3 times before bed..that sort of thing. But there is nothing in authentic teachings of Islam which advocates for doing durood for 21 days or reading Surah Maryam in exchange for a righteous child. What you should do is to persist in asking Allah, increasing your thikr using Allah's Names, your knowledge, your strength in Islam based on its authentic sources and know that Allah Hears you and will do what is best for you inshaAllah. Surah Maryam is a virtue of the Holy Quran and in it is the story of Prophet Zakaria who made duaa for a child and ofcourse the miraculous birth of Prophet Jesus alayhee salaam is expressed. However it does not justify that innovations should be followed. 

Is reading some sorts of daroods like darood-taj and darood_lakhi and darood_tunajaiyna etc bidaa`t. 

Praise be to Allaah.  

We know nothing about what is in these wirds (daroods), but we can tell you some guidelines that you can follow in order to know what is prescribed in Islam and what is bid’ah: 

1 – The best wirds are those whose words were narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because Allaah did not choose for him anything but the most perfect and the best, and he did not choose anything but that for his ummah. 

2 – It is permissible for a person to send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in words that were not narrated (in sharee’ah), so long as they do not include anything that is forbidden, such as exaggerating about him, or praying to Allaah by virtue of the Prophet, or calling upon him instead of Allaah. 

3 – The one who is remembering Allaah (reciting dhikr) should not specify any particular time, number or manner of reciting dhikr unless that is proven with saheeh evidence, because Allaah cannot be worshipped except in the manner that He has prescribed in His Book or on the lips of His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Worship must be that which is prescribed in sharee’ah, with regard to the act itself, the manner in which it is done, the time when it is done and how many times it is done. Whoever adopts a wird whose wording was not narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or specifies a particular number of times or does it at a specific time, is committing bid’ah. 

The scholars called this bid’ah al-bid’ah al-idaafiyyah (additional innovation??), because the action itself is prescribed in sharee’ah, but some innovation has been added to it with regard to the manner, the number of times or when it is to be done. 

You should note that all goodness rests in following that which has been narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Whoever studies those who recite made-up wirds will find that usually they are falling short when it comes to doing that which was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) such as the dhikrs for morning and evening, etc. This confirms what was narrated from one of the salaf, who said that no person ever introduces an innovation but he gives up an equivalent Sunnah. 

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

assalam aalaikum dear sister,

thank you so much for your answer. i was in doubt but dint know what to do. you know ttc can really get to your head sometimes....

thank you again and may Allah bless you.

please remember me in your prayers.

frds
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Quoting proud2bmom3:

Thank you so much dear sister. It feels nice to get support and help. May Allah bless you.

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Quoting frds:

Quoting muhajjirah:

Praise be to Allaah.  

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

assalam aalaikum dear sister,

thank you so much for your answer. i was in doubt but dint know what to do. you know ttc can really get to your head sometimes....

thank you again and may Allah bless you.

please remember me in your prayers.

wa'alaikum asalaam warahmat ALLAH, 

may Allah grant you righteous offspring and always do whats best for you in this life& the next. Be sure to increase your gratitude to Allah through action in giving whatever you can for charity and asking Allah for forgiveness..in other words try to purify yourself and do not desist in nagging Allah for your needs. Put your trust in Allah and Know that Allah will always wants whats best for you. Do not give up hope..Allah may surprise you when you least expect it! :)

...My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims... [Surat Al-'Aĥqāf, 46:15]

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

assalamu alaikum.. dear muhajjirah. you are always way too kind.. lol ((hugs))

right off the bat, we can say that this Durood is innovation because there is no mention of it in any hadith or verse of the quran. it is true that we can make any dua in any wording when asking Allah. However, specifying a certain statement, certain sequences, giving it a certain number of repetition, certain days.. and then adding the virtue of a Surah ( that is not mentioned any where) is forbidden. making up worships and making up duas claiming they have certain powers, or benefit. is also rejected and forbidden. it all falls into innovations and fabrications, subhana Allah. may Allah protect us and guide us Ameen.

the more dangerous thing about this Durood, even IF we are able to look past the falsehood of its premise ( which we should not. but even if we did) it is plain to see the shirk indicated : as the first line in the durood  describes prophet Muhammad peace be upon him as :

"The Owner of the Crown and the Ascent and the Buraq and the Standard, The Repeller of Affliction and Disease and Drought and Illness and Pain."

let's look past the crown. and go to the claim that he, peace be upon him is "repeller of affliction and ...etc" Which are the characteristics of Allah subhanau wa t'aala. not man.  .. it will suffice to stop here. as shirk is obvious. and render this Durood as rejected, forbidden to follow, teach, or condone..

if I speak in error then it is from me. may Allah forgive me and guide us all to What pleases Him. Ameen

love you all for the sake of Allah and I leave you in HIS trusted care

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:13 AM

jazakAllah kheir sister proud! im not sure about that, but please do ask Allah to accept it to me because i need of any forgiveness & mercy i can get! barakAllah feeki :)

Quoting proud2bmom3:

assalamu alaikum.. dear muhajjirah. you are always way too kind.. lol ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN