Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Odd question but... is there anything I should be saying before I change a diaper or use the ladies room?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 249 Total Views

Salam Alikom,

I have been a Muslim now for several years I should know this, but I don't. I had a thought a few minutes ago after I changed my sons diaper. Is there something I should say before I do it, or before I used the ladies room? I don't say Bismiallah before those things, I really don't know why maybe because its dealing with poop and it just doesn't feel appropriate to say Bismiallah in that situation. So, is there something I should be saying?

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.. wa alaikum assalaam dear sister.

NOT so odd about going into the ladies room.  as there is a dua before going into the bathroom as it is a place of impurity and the dwelling place of Jinn. so before you enter the bathroom : you say

A’oodhu Billaahi min al-khubthi wa’l-khabaa’ith (I seek refuge Allaah from the male and female devils), so that no khubth (evil) or khabaa’ith (evil spirits) will affect you.

the bathrooms  are places of filth and exposing   your privates. and since you cannot utter the name of Allah inside the bathroom, you seek refuge with Allah BEFORE you enter.

as for changing the diaper.. lol yes, that is an odd question, as I never heard of it before.. unless you change him inside the bathroom.  .. but usually, we change the diapers where ever we can place that changing mat lol.. so if you happened to place it in the bathroom go ahead and say the duas.

if I speak in error then it is from me. may Allah forgive me and guide us all to what pleases HIM.

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)