Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anyone in the group who DOES NOT have a Quran?

Posted by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:38 PM
  • 29 Replies
  • 694 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Salam Alikom,

I know we have some members who occasionally ask questions who are trying to find out more about Islam. If there are any of you ladies out there lurkers and posters alike who are learning more about Islam and do not have a Quran and would like one please PM me. I can either send you one or give you the number to an Islamic bookstore in Raleigh NC and they will send you one at no cost to you.

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bethanyb0325
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM

i find the quran hard to understand, the ones i have found online. is there some strictly english or do they all have arabic writing

jadsmummy
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Quoting bethanyb0325:

i find the quran hard to understand, the ones i have found online. is there some strictly english or do they all have arabic writing

I understand that, I encountered the same thing. The Qurans I have are completely in English.

bethanyb0325
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM

bc the way i have been learning about islam is through my muslim friends. I ask them things, and they tell me all about it. Its not good enough anymore, i need to learn on my own and figure out where to find what Im looking for without something trying to explain ( they r not devoted muslims)

Quoting jadsmummy:

Quoting bethanyb0325:

I understand that, I encountered the same thing. The Qurans I have are completely in English.

jadsmummy
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I see, that can be difficult when trying to learn about Islam. I have some books about Islam I can get to you if you would like to help you learn more in addition to the Quran entirely in English. I have an illustrated guide to Islam, a book about the Islamic view of Jesus pbuh, also a booklet about the status of women in Islam.

Quoting bethanyb0325:

bc the way i have been learning about islam is through my muslim friends. I ask them things, and they tell me all about it. Its not good enough anymore, i need to learn on my own and figure out where to find what Im looking for without something trying to explain ( they r not devoted muslims)

Quoting jadsmummy:

Quoting bethanyb0325:

bethanyb0325
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM

i would love that. pm me, thank you

Quoting jadsmummy:

I see, that can be difficult when trying to learn about Islam. I have some books about Islam I can get to you if you would like to help you learn more in addition to the Quran entirely in English. I have an illustrated guide to Islam, a book about the Islamic view of Jesus pbuh, also a booklet about the status of women in Islam.

Quoting bethanyb0325:

Quoting jadsmummy:

Quoting bethanyb0325:

ABeautifulQadar
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Bethany when I first started learning about Islam I read the book The Idiots Guide to Understanding Islam. It sounds silly but its an awesome book to start from. I also looked at tons of videos on youtube. I have a Quran with english on the left and Arabic on the right. I bought it at Barnes and Noble. These pamphlets were also very informative

WhyIslam

bethanyb0325
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

thank you, you have all been so kind and helpful to me. I very much appreciate it :)

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Bethany when I first started learning about Islam I read the book The Idiots Guide to Understanding Islam. It sounds silly but its an awesome book to start from. I also looked at tons of videos on youtube. I have a Quran with english on the left and Arabic on the right. I bought it at Barnes and Noble. These pamphlets were also very informative

WhyIslam

muslimahpj Group Admin
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Quoting bethanyb0325:

thank you, you have all been so kind and helpful to me. I very much appreciate it :)

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

WhyIslam

Islamreligion.com

Sunnahfollowers.net

The second one offers live lectures and also pre-recorded ones.

jadsmummy
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I like the tube Islam website run by Yusuf Estes. Have you seen that site?

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting bethanyb0325:

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

WhyIslam

Islamreligion.com

Sunnahfollowers.net

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj Group Admin
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I have seen his videos and stuff on youtube, but I havent really watched from his site.

Quoting jadsmummy:

I like the tube Islam website run by Yusuf Estes. Have you seen that site?

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting bethanyb0325:

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

WhyIslam

Islamreligion.com

Sunnahfollowers.net

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN