Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer.

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:54 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 340 Total Views
I want to pray. I want to not only learn how to pray, but also understand in full about prayer. I stand with the women at the Mosque in prayer. I know the prayer (salat) times. The common knowledge things I do understand. I feel it is easy for me to look up "how to" pray on the Internet and memorize the Arabic, and pray. I have not done this, but it does not seem complicated. However, before I begin to pray, I want to fully understand the concept, meaning, and gain that connection with Allah in my prayer. "it's better than sleep." As one Muslim described. Again described in the story where a man needed surgery and refused the alcohol, and the surgeon insisted because of it's pain. The man said to perform the surgery when he is in prayer, and he did not even notice because he was focused in prayer. I want to get to that place. Where my praying is better than sleep.

With that said were do I read, learn, and understand this? Any references?
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:20 AM
We have a link in our sticky post " general info about Islam." on top of this forum called. How to pray. It shows step by step, what to say and what it means. I you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. We would be more than happy to translate.
Question, though. Forgive me, I thought I read in another thread that you still have not embraced Islam ? My dearest, if you want your prayers to count you have to be Muslim. :)
Would you like to talk about what's holding you back? Don't mean to pry, just help if I can :)
((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hani_Mommy
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Quoting proud2bmom3:

We have a link in our sticky post " general info about Islam." on top of this forum called. How to pray. It shows step by step, what to say and what it means. I you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. We would be more than happy to translate.
Question, though. Forgive me, I thought I read in another thread that you still have not embraced Islam ? My dearest, if you want your prayers to count you have to be Muslim. :)
Would you like to talk about what's holding you back? Don't mean to pry, just help if I can :)
((hugs))

Thank you. I guess that's the only way to go about it. My other half has said he will lead me, and teach me in prayer. He said all I have to do ask. I have read about how to pray, and will look up the reference you suggested (thank you.). Maybe if I begin to pray, that's the first step to my journey.

You are correct, that I have not converted. I understand my prayers won't count unless I am Muslim. However, I also do not see the harm in moving forward to gain a closeness in my one and only creator. I am really holding back for one main reason. My life is not islamiclly acceptable at this point. How can I convert, yet still be so far from where a good Muslim woman should be? I believe. I am learning. I am adhering. But it all seems to take time. Each step I am closer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)