Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lost-Advice please

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 397 Total Views

When I was younger I fell in love with Islam, and wanted to be Muslim. However I got lost along the way, and forgot about my beliefs. I have never given my all to Islam, but I want to now. I am not sure where to start or how to go about it. I have no Muslim females to talk to, or to guide me. I do not want to give up on Allah & myself again. I have also fallen in love with my best friend who is also Muslim, and I do not know how to proceed. He has always known me as non-Muslim, and I do not want him to think I have chosen Islam for him but to honor Allah. I really need advice from other Muslim women, so I can finally be who I want to be. Thank you. May peace be unto you.

PuppyKitty 5Kitty 5busy mom

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
muslimahpj Group Admin
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM
3 moms liked this

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions to us here. Insha'Allah we are all here to learn and help each other learn.

Start with the Qur'an and just learning more about the religion. Have you said your Shahada yet?

LivingIslam
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I understand your feeling.  Place all of your trust in Allah.  Put all of your reliance on Him.  You can't just walk through the fear on your own.  Ask Allah to make your heart sincere and to remove whatever it is keeping you from him and then you must be willing to release it yourself.  Don't wait another day to come closer to Allah. 

ShawnsMom31
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I have said Shahada, and I am trying to start from the beginning with the Holy Qur'an. I am lost with prayers & even more so with the Arabic. My friend is trying to explain it to me , but he says I really need to see it from a female. I am still breastfeeding my daughter and have not participated in Ramadan....I feel like I should be doing more. Thank you sister.

Quoting muslimahpj:

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions to us here. Insha'Allah we are all here to learn and help each other learn.

Start with the Qur'an and just learning more about the religion. Have you said your Shahada yet?

ShawnsMom31
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I love this religon, it has so many beautiful followers. I will trust in Allah, and pray that he can help me find my way. Can you recommend any prayers to help me in my journey, I dont want to give up this time. Thank you sister.

Quoting LivingIslam:

I understand your feeling.  Place all of your trust in Allah.  Put all of your reliance on Him.  You can't just walk through the fear on your own.  Ask Allah to make your heart sincere and to remove whatever it is keeping you from him and then you must be willing to release it yourself.  Don't wait another day to come closer to Allah. 

muslimahpj Group Admin
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Salaams Sister

There are videos that will help you with learning the prayers, insha'Allah. I first learned them in English and then learned to say them in Arabic. That made it easier for me.

islamreligion.com is a great site to learn from. If you are a new convert they will send you some books, insha'Allah. If you want to participate in classes sunnahfollowers.net has them every day, insha'Allah.

Have you tried fasting? As long as your milk doesnt dry up from fasting, you could do start fasting and fast the rest of the month, insha'Allah.  Read Qur'an, pray, learn more about the deen and do good deeds.

We are all here for you. :-) Welcome to the deen.

Quoting ShawnsMom31:

I have said Shahada, and I am trying to start from the beginning with the Holy Qur'an. I am lost with prayers & even more so with the Arabic. My friend is trying to explain it to me , but he says I really need to see it from a female. I am still breastfeeding my daughter and have not participated in Ramadan....I feel like I should be doing more. Thank you sister.

Quoting muslimahpj:

ShawnsMom31
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you sister. Peace

Quoting muslimahpj:

Salaams Sister

There are videos that will help you with learning the prayers, insha'Allah. I first learned them in English and then learned to say them in Arabic. That made it easier for me.

islamreligion.com is a great site to learn from. If you are a new convert they will send you some books, insha'Allah. If you want to participate in classes sunnahfollowers.net has them every day, insha'Allah.

Have you tried fasting? As long as your milk doesnt dry up from fasting, you could do start fasting and fast the rest of the month, insha'Allah.  Read Qur'an, pray, learn more about the deen and do good deeds.

We are all here for you. :-) Welcome to the deen.

Quoting ShawnsMom31:

Quoting muslimahpj:

Laurin283
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.islamicfinder.org/prayer/index.html

This is a great site that I would recommend to help learn the prayers.  They have it in Arabic with the ENglish transliteration and then you can see the English translation as well.  I agree with the other sister, start with your prayers.  Then when you are ready, you can begin changing other parts of your life, such as dress (if you don't already dress modestly), hijab, etc.  But it's important to have the belief and begin praying before stressing about the rest.  On the other hand, there's absolutely no harm and lots of good in researching/reading about dress, hijab, and other issues that you're not yet ready to tackle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)