Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hijab

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 792 Total Views

Where is the best place to find them, and how easy is it to learn to wear them. Im ready to pray, but I know i cannot without being covered.

by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlingsAndThings
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:54 AM
1 mom liked this
YouTube will teach you lol! Its easy.

You can get scarves anywhere. I get most of mine with either Walmart or target honestly. Marshall's has some great ones.

As for actual "hijab shops" online I go with WWW.middleeasternmall.com and really no ones else at this point. I like them a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nazreynah
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Masha'Allah Yes Youtube Will Show You..
bethanyb0325
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM
But is there some without pins. I watched some on utube and kinda seems hard lol. Where can I find the thing that goes under the hijab n what's is called lol, I forget. Also do I need a prayer mat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj Group Admin
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Quoting bethanyb0325:

But is there some without pins. I watched some on utube and kinda seems hard lol. Where can I find the thing that goes under the hijab n what's is called lol, I forget. Also do I need a prayer mat?

Yes, there are some without pins, they are called al-amira and they are either one or two pieces that just slip over the head. No pins necessary.

No, as long as where you are praying is clean.

firaerty
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:08 PM
I only wear al-amira. I could never learn to wrap any scarf. They are more expensive because you have to order online and can't just grab some at walmart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethanyb0325
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:42 PM
But I do need the hijab to pray right?

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting bethanyb0325:

Yes, there are some without pins, they are called al-amira and they are either one or two pieces that just slip over the head. No pins necessary.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimahpj Group Admin
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Quoting bethanyb0325:

But I do need the hijab to pray right?

Quoting muslimahpj:

Quoting bethanyb0325:

Yes, you have to be covered, but, you could use anything to cover your hair with if you dont have any scarves or anything yet.

If you have some long scarves, wrap it and just tuck it in and it should hold enough for you to pray, insha'Allah.

Laurin283
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:06 PM

If you don't have a prayer mat, you can also use anything- a clean towel, sheet, etc- to put down, if you'd rather pray on something other than the floor.

I've bought from hijabgirl.com, shukronline.com (expensive, but beautiful clothes!), hijabyonline.com.  You can also visit your local masjid, sometimes they will have a donation area where you can find hijabs for free, or maybe there's a sister in your area who sells/makes them. 

If you're into sewing (I'm not, but I know some who do this), you can buy any fabric big enough and just sew an edge around it.  This works well with square and rectangle hijabs for wrapping.

SlingsAndThings
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Oh and if pinning scares you, you can technically wrap with no pins and just tuck instead. It's not the most secure but it's possible. A lot of people pin under their chin to start wrapping and I just can't do that. I just pull one side tight and wrap over my head. If that makes any sense at all.

Any website that sells hijabs will also sell underscarves usually. I get mine from middleeasternmall simply because they're cheap. Hijabgirl.com has some great ones in bulk too. I prefer the tube style to the actual cap style. You don't have to have an underscarf piece though. It's just a nice tool to keep the hijab from slipping.

bethanyb0325
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Thank you ladies, you have been so helpful, and kind with all my questions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN