Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

History of Islam recommendations

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 292 Total Views
Hi ladies -
I was wondering of any of you can point me in the direction of some good sites or books to read up on the origins of Islam?
I am not muslim, I recently became a Christian after a lot of prayer and reading the bible for the first time, but I've always felt somewhat drawn to Islam as well and I've lurked in this group and other sites too just learning.
It used to be very confusing to know the background because I was not familiar w prophets and biblical history (and I'm still not but I do have a better grasp). Now, I know the bible is not considered accurate the way the quaran is, but I know the major players now (Abraham, Moses, jesus etc) where I feel I may be able to better grasp the history of islam and references to biblical stories.
Again, I know the bible doesn't hold the same weight in your religion, but at least I now have a bit of abrahamic context to study the other abrahamic religions if that makes sense.
Any suggestions!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 5:07 PM
4 moms liked this
Hi &Welcome :)
may I suggest something different? Try reading chapter 19 of the Quran. It is called Maryam& the Islamic story of Jesus, peace be upon them both. There is also a chapter called Qasas, #28 which mentions stories of certain groups of people, and Chapter called Anbiyaa- The Prophets #20.

Just from the top of my head but I'll look into other e-books for you& get back Godwilling.

Thanks for asking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABeautifulQadar
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

The Complete Idiots Guide to Islam. Perfect introduction I love this book!

UmmImaan
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I am a former Christian and accepted Islam about 4 years ago. I'm very happy to see this!! There is one book I read, very very short, called Islam in a Nutshell. Maybe about 40 pages long, very teeny. MUST READ. Contains most all of the basic knowledge of Islam.

Jazakallah (may God reward you)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)