Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick help please, inshaAllah

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 313 Total Views
Assalamo alaikum dear sisters
One of my dear friends, are going through a really rough time, subhanAllah.
I can go into details, but she is having serious marrital problems. And on top that, she is suffering from depression, anxiety and stress.
She is doing her very best to keep up with her duties towards Allah, mashaAllah. But is having an extremly tough time fasting. She gets dizzy, nousious and experincing fast heart beat. All due to her mental health, subhanAllah.
She asked me, whether or not she is allowed to not fast. Im not sure if she fits under the category as ill, or not. So therefor i need you guys advice and knowledge, inshaAllah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 9:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Nazreynah
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM
If you are ill or dont feel well enough physically and mentally you havent got to and you can always catch up by fasting when she feels better.. i hope she is well soon Insh'Allah everythink will be fine..
MaiasMommy619
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I agree with the previous answer. Allah is most forgiving.

ABeautifulQadar
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM

I agree witht he other ladies. I put my back out and I was able to pray on a chair but if I hadnt been able too I would have made the days up. I suffer from anxiety and depression and usually take my medicine when I wake up. I have been taking it at suhoor and so far all has been well except for one day when I broke my fast to take my anxiety medication. She should also definately try and see a doctor.

Dane_mom
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM
JazakAllah khair sisters
Thats what i was thinking. I would just like to get some kind of proof, that psykological problems, are viewed as being ill, in islam, inshaAllah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:42 AM
there is nothing that says all those with depression, anxiety or stress are excused from fasting. they could be excused for those reasons however perhaps your friend would benefit from a fatwa geared towards her particular circumstance. having said that encouraging her not to overburden herself is best aside what the obligations are and reminding her that it is through fasting and prayer perhaps the stress will be released rather than increased. Allah tells us that in the Quran is a healing and yet Allah doesn't burden anyone beyond what they can handle. remind her to increase her remembrance& not to lose hope in Allahs Mercy through her challenges. may Allah make her amongst those who are successful& reward you for your concern.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Assalamu alaikum sister.
It is true that the Quran allows those " who are sick or traveling" to break the fast and make up the days later

The Quran did not specify the degree of illness. But it is always advisable to look up the ruling from a credible sheikh and a renouned scholar to support one's doctors opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)