Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

salat

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 292 Total Views
I'm having the hardest time with salat. I have to be up and getting ready at 5 am, the other times I'm at work. It seems like the one at night is the only time I can say my salat. Could anyone give me some advice on how to have time to say all 5 on time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jadsmummy
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Pray at the time wherever you are. I have prayed at work, in the mall, in restaurants, on the side of the road during a road trip, at an amusement park ect. It just takes time to feel comfortable praying in more exposed areas. I use the changing rooms in department stores often to pray in.

ummh11
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 11:24 AM
You should have the right at work to take a break for your prayers but you'd have to enquire into that as I don't know the laws in your country. Otherwise you can use one of your regular breaks to pray quickly it only takes 5mins. When your busy you don't need to pray the optional just; 2 rakat fajr, 4 rakat dhur, 4 rakat asr, 3 rakat magrib, 4 rakat isha.

You can pray the dawn pray just b4 you leave the house if the salat has entered. Or you can leave for work earlier and stop by a mosque or islamic centre.

Carry a prayer timetable in your purse so you know the times of each prayer.
Umm Hasan (Hasan's Mum)
---------------------------------------------------
أَلَمْ يَأْنِ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنْ تَخْشَعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ لِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ
Has not the time come for the hearts of those who believe to be affected by Allah's Reminder?
[Al-Hadeed : 16]
قال الفضيل بن عياض : اتبع طرق الهدى ولا يضرك قلة السالكين وإياك وطرق الضلالة ولا تغتر بكثرة الهالكين
---------------------------------------------------
muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
asalaamalaikum, the other sisters have given you good advice. may Allah reward them. please know that it isn't permissible to pray all 5 at once, nor should you consider it because one of the reasons its spread out throughout the day is to keep intune with Allah as a reminder of what our most important priority in life- which is to worship Allah. the only times when one can combine prayers is during travel and other exceptions like if one is so ill that it is beyond their conscious choice. inshaAllah you will find a way and Allah will reward you.

Quoting bethanyb0325:

I'm having the hardest time with salat. I have to be up and getting ready at 5 am, the other times I'm at work. It seems like the one at night is the only time I can say my salat. Could anyone give me some advice on how to have time to say all 5 on time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyasa
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Assalaamu Alaikum SIster.  All of the earlier suggestions are very good.  Please also consider that Fajr is at about 4:00a you could definitely pray that prayer, then if you cannot pray at work, which I cannot do myself, you can pray Zuhr & Asr as soon as you get home from work, then do your Maghrib & Isha at about 8:30p or 9:00p, since it's Ramadan, when you finish eating your dinner, then before bed you can do your Taraveeh or do Taraveeh early in the morning befor Fajr around 3:00a.  InshaAllah all of these suggestions will help you and as long as you desire to make your prayers, Allah will certainly make a way and make it easy for you, InshaAllah.  Love Hugs and Salaams!

bethanyb0325
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:45 PM

thank you ladies. We r recovering from being sick and have not been studying the past few days. I have noticed when I don't I don't feel at peace. Im just having a hard time with the prayers  completely. I think Im going to ask for help from my daycare lady

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:53 PM
please try to pray the obligatory on time, it is wrong to consistent combine because of work. think of it as your test from Allah, inshaaallah you will be able to do it without combining. ask Allah to help you with that and inshaAllah you will be successful dear sister- even if now it seems impossible.

Quoting Alyasa:

Assalaamu Alaikum SIster.  All of the earlier suggestions are very good.  Please also consider that Fajr is at about 4:00a you could definitely pray that prayer, then if you cannot pray at work, which I cannot do myself, you can pray Zuhr & Asr as soon as you get home from work, then do your Maghrib & Isha at about 8:30p or 9:00p, since it's Ramadan, when you finish eating your dinner, then before bed you can do your Taraveeh or do Taraveeh early in the morning befor Fajr around 3:00a.  InshaAllah all of these suggestions will help you and as long as you desire to make your prayers, Allah will certainly make a way and make it easy for you, InshaAllah.  Love Hugs and Salaams!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)