Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cooking During Ramadan can be funny LOL

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 388 Total Views

I know my children will be happy when this week is over with. I am having a hard time feeding them.  This is my first time fasting first of all. I am sure next year it will be eaiser. Ok, first I totally forgot they still need lunch. I would be studying Islamic reading or doing housework and totally forget.  Sometimes they dont have lunch until 4pm. Then I have them wait on me for dinner. If they eat dinner at their regular time I cant taste the food to test temperature because I have a toddler. I dont know if it is too hot or too cold.  I can only use my finger and guess. On top of that I cant tell if it even taste good. The other morning I was questionable about the date on the milk, it didnt smell quite ok, but not spoiled either. I gave it to the toddler and she didnt complain. I as a mother I feel bad. I feel bad sometimes because its not the usual quality they are used to.  But no one has gotten sick. My poor children.  LOL atleast they know where the snacks are.  

by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MTATMA
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM
My kids love ramadan because the get easy meals they love. Like breakfast burritos pb&j sandwiches, grilled cheese, soup, and biscuits and eggs. I can cook all that without tasting it. my kids eat lunch late and eat with us also in ramadan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ABeautifulQadar
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL I know my son is like MOM! I'm hungry and I say too bad its Ramadan LOL just kidding but I'm like oh yeah youre not fasting lol Its also hard when I make pasta before iftar and I usually bite it to check that it is al dente but I cant so I have been having my mom do it for me

ummh11
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Lol you made me laugh about forgetting to feed them lunch. Happens to us all!

Simplify meals and have a lot of healthy snacks like bread, sandwich spread, cheese cubes, fruit etc so you dont have much preparation.

Batch cook things like rice so you can feed that to them for lunch the next day.

I have a toddler too and i touch the food onto my closed lips to check temp. Then wipe and rinse. It doesnt enter mouth so no way for it to reach the stomach - which breaks the fast.
barunka050811
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 9:59 AM
That's what I usually do too. My kids have for lunch simple sandwiches erc. Also leftovers from the last Iftar.
Quoting ummh11:

Lol you made me laugh about forgetting to feed them lunch. Happens to us all!

Simplify meals and have a lot of healthy snacks like bread, sandwich spread, cheese cubes, fruit etc so you dont have much preparation.

Batch cook things like rice so you can feed that to them for lunch the next day.

I have a toddler too and i touch the food onto my closed lips to check temp. Then wipe and rinse. It doesnt enter mouth so no way for it to reach the stomach - which breaks the fast.

umqasim
by on Aug. 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM

when my 8 year old cant make it throw the day he will ask for something i tell him go to the fridge and help your self lol he just looks at me like i only now how to put ceareal so thats all you get i say thats good for now ya haram the poor kid lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)