Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick question

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 217 Total Views
as salaam alaikum, I converted about five months ago I have a 6yr old son and I'm currently 6 months pregnant my question is will my kids have to take shahada? When my son was born I didnt get him baptized because I was Christian and his dad was muslim. I ask this question because I have read that everyone is born muslim
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ABeautifulQadar
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

hmm not sure about your 6 year old! The baby will be Muslim as long as you raise him Muslim from birth. If your 6 year old was never baptized I think you can just raise him Muslim and he will be Muslim. My son was baptized when he was an infant so I am going to let him choose when he is old enough if he wants to convert.

barunka050811
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 4:44 PM
You'd son is Muslim because his dad is Muslim.
Jj4
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 6:21 PM
Kids in islam always follow the religion of their father.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firaerty
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
All children are muslim!!! And it is our duty as muslim to teach them Islam. If he doesn't want to be muslim just give him time are introduce it little by little but he doesn't have to convert. Prior to puberty all children are muslim and if god forbid they were to pass they all go to jennah. They have not reached the age of maturity to be held accountable for their decisions in front of Allah
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN