Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Update* March**** being induced tomorrow update 2 "birth defect" update 3

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM
  • 39 Replies
  • 1162 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Salam alikom.

Alhamduallah I am being induced tomorrow. I am still having problems and its just safer to deliver. Inshallah it will go easily. I know some of you sisters are being tested inshallah you will be in my duas while I am in labor. Update/ alhamduallah baby was born after less than three hours of active labor and four pushes! 8lb 7oz! We are alhamduallah doing amazing! ***********update 2. So Khalid was bundled up and later this evening when I was breastfeeding him admiring him I noticed one of his feet looked odd at the toes. Turns out on one foot the second and third toes from the big toe are partially webbed/fused. the nurse said it wouldn't affect his mobility but now they are having him looked at closer. Its worrying me. They said they have to fill out a birth defect form. I can't wait for his pedi to be here tomorrow to calm and reassure me that its ok. ***************update 3 Monday morning @ almost 3am

Alhamduallah this is why I love our group the support and love are such a blessing inshallah every one of you ladies will on the day of judgment be rewarded for your kindness. Khaled dh wanted to change the spelling even though it has the lid sound lol had no other issues. Our pedi is a Muslim sister. She was calling checking on us even before birth and took time out of her weekend to come in even though she doesn't do these calls on weekends so she can have family time just because she cares. She and her two medical students who are training under her came in and gave Khaled the most through exam. :-) alhamduallah aside from his two toes that will not have any physical limitation on him he is atomically and developmentally perfect! He still has not been circumcised yet due to the obgyn but will be tomorrow before we go home. Jad is doing so well with having a baby brother. He loves him so dearly. All he wants to do is to be able to put his hand on him. Khaled cried for the first time yesterday and Jad became so upset for his brother. He began to sob he wouldn't stop until he saw little brother had become calm and was let pat him. He is also showing zero signs of being jealous when I breastfed Khaled. I am still in so much pain and you ladies who are being tested are of course still in my duas.

Update**** March 21,2013

So it's been 5 months and yesterday some issues came up at Khaleds 5 month weight check. I had noticed something with the underside of his tounge and Islam said it was nothing and not to worry when I pointed it out to him a few weeks ago so I didn't think of it. Yesterday though the pedi did a routine check of his soft spots on the way out after the weight check which then turned into more. The large soft spot on the top of his head is almost completely closed at 5 months. It's not supposed to close until after a year to allow the brain to properly grow. Khaleds is almost completely closed and his head circumference hasn't increased in a month. Not good. The pedi then asked if I had noticed anything else and I mentioned his tounge. It's like an extra ridge of muscle under his tounge it's pronounced like almost a mini tounge I guess. Well with the webbed toes, issue with tounge and the craniosyntosis (soft spot closing early) this all together indicates he has some type of genetic syndrome. I am devestated. In 3 weeks they are going to measure his head again and of it hasn't grown then we will have to move quickly for a ct scan and surgery before any brain damage occurs. Either way his head is going to have to be measured every two weeks to make sure there isn't any growth restriction on his brain. We called my mil this morning and there are issues within the family genetically with craniosyntosis webbed fingers and toes as well as other issues too in those who have this. It's a syndrome now we just have to figure out what and how to support Khaled ensure its not damaging to him. The tounge issue is now so minor he will have to have some extra help with his speech but that's now nothing compared to the damage craniosyntosis can cause. I am supposed to be watching him closely for signs of his brain being stressed such as vomiting seizures regression uncontrollably crying. I am all cried out now I am just making dua for him and trying to be calm. Panicking won't help. My heart aches. Inshallah he will be fine. Inshallah everything will be fine. Allah swt is mercy and has more love for my child than any mother could have for her child so whatever is written for Khaled will be for the best for him even if I don't understand. I just have to remember and be calm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
barunka050811
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM
I know I don't post much but I read all the posts and I was just thinking about you yesterday because I haven't see you write anything since yu were saying that you were having some issues. May Allah make your delivery tomorrow easy and fast and Inshallah all will b e ok with you and the baby. You will be in my prayers.
jadsmummy
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM
I have been in and it if the hospital for two weeks and haven't been that active lately. Its just been so much stress. I was in the er for over 11 hours yesterday.

Quoting barunka050811:

I know I don't post much but I read all the posts and I was just thinking about you yesterday because I haven't see you write anything since yu were saying that you were having some issues. May Allah make your delivery tomorrow easy and fast and Inshallah all will b e ok with you and the baby. You will be in my prayers.

barunka050811
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:24 PM
So sorry that you are going through all that but the reward is so much worth it.
Quoting jadsmummy:

jadsmummy
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Alhamduallah it is.

Quoting barunka050811:

So sorry that you are going through all that but the reward is so much worth it.
Quoting jadsmummy:

ummali
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Insha Allah you and baby will be healthy.
muslimahpj Group Admin
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:21 PM

You will be in my duas. May you have a safe delivery and a healthy baby.

nodramamama311
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM
You will do great mama! I was induced with my second and it was a breeze. Are you getting an epidural? I am big fan of the epidural...lol

I'll be thinking of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bethanyb0325
by on Oct. 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Sweet sister you will be in my duas. May allah bless you and your baby, inshalla it will be easy and fast labor/delivery.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OttawaHoney
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Inshaallah everything will go will. You, your baby and your family will be in my dua. Salaam alaykoum.
jadsmummy
by on Oct. 20, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)