Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 219 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Late last night/ early this morning I was on facebook playing sims when someone messaged me asking me to add them as their neighbor. We briefly started talking. She is from Indonesia and I'm in Florida so between google translate and her broken English we managed. She asked a few innocuous questions. Then asked if I was Muslim. No, I'm not. She asked why Islam is beautiful. Yes it is. Then she asked my age. I told her and asked her age. She said 10. My immediate reaction was to close the chat window because I'm not comfortable talking to an underage person I don't know without their parents permission. She sent another message telling me she wanted to tell me about Islam. My answer was 'sure why not'. She sent me this:

First let me tell you about the punishment of the grave.

Punishment of the grave was very painful

After we die from this world

we ask the angels

Her question is:

Who is your god?

Who is your prophet?

What religion?

What your book?

If we can't answer all that we will be hit with a large iron and scream in pain and we would yell loudly at the full hardness but only humans and demons can listen.

She then wanted to know a story about my religion. I quickly wrapped it up saying I wasn't comfortable doing that without her parents knowing. Also that I didn't want to disrespect her parents.

Does anyone recognize what she sent me? I'd like to think I ran across a very friendly little girl.

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommy2BeAmy
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes it's very true. 

When you go into your grave you will be asked these questions. 

Allah says the unbelievers will be asked "did a Warner not come to you?" They will reply yes but we belied him. So consider this a warning. 

This explains it:

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

greetings.. 

I am surprised that this girl chose to introduce Islam to you through talking to you about the punishment of the grave.. :)  I think it is sweet that she wants to share her faith. but understandably, she does not know how to do that properly.. :)  I think she just learned that and wanted to talk about it with others.. or something.. and of course, with her broken English she is switching the roles of who asks what in the grave.. any way.. 

is there truth to what she has offered? yes,  we believe we will be questioned in the grave.. three questions.. who is your lord, what is your faith, and who is your prophet, ( messenger) 

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

HerLadyGrey
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM

She was very sweet.

I knew there was a bit more to it. It's interesting though I used to be a practising latter day saint and I think that it's taught that similar questions will be asked.

Quoting proud2bmom3:

greetings.. 

I am surprised that this girl chose to introduce Islam to you through talking to you about the punishment of the grave.. :)  I think it is sweet that she wants to share her faith. but understandably, she does not know how to do that properly.. :)  I think she just learned that and wanted to talk about it with others.. or something.. and of course, with her broken English she is switching the roles of who asks what in the grave.. any way.. 

is there truth to what she has offered? yes,  we believe we will be questioned in the grave.. three questions.. who is your lord, what is your faith, and who is your prophet, ( messenger) 

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

This girl is beautiful to want to teach you what she knows as true and in her heart. Although I worry about her chatting with strangers at a young age and ask Allah to protect her from harmful people. Ameen. Though there arent any coincidences in life, this conversation was meant to happen and I can see good in it because it led you to some serious points which we as Muslims hold true.

In Islam we firmly believe that every single human being will be asked 3 questions. Who is your Lord? Who is your Prophet? What is your religion? These will be inquired by 2 intimidating angels and each heart will have to answer while in the grave, soon after death. The stronger in faith we are in this life, the easier it will be for us to answer them. After these questions are answered there are indeed consequences and the reward and/or punishments (trials) prescribed in the grave for each of us will happen. There are many things in this process..but for now..what that little girl told you seems to be out of love for you for the sake of Allah. However, as we are to fear Allah in doing wrong, we should never lose the hope in Allah's mercy. This is deep concept in Islam known as Taqwa and should be a motivating factor to keep on striving in this short life to please our Creator.

Allah Knows Best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)