Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

evil eye

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 214 Total Views
What is your view on it?
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

what's our view on it? 

it is a solid fact, islamically that the Evil eye not only exists, but it is powerful as well.. the protection against the Evil eye, or hasad, is reading Quran of course.. Surah 1. the last three surah's of the Quran and of course duas.. 

the blue eye and all those old wives' tales talismans or charms are haram and considered a form of shirk. only protection is actually READING the Quran , not just hanging it around one's neck.. 

to prevent from affecting with the evil eye, one must say "masha' Allah, La Quwaata illa billaah" 

for more on Hasad ( evil eye) read Surat al-falaq  (113) and its tafseer. 

I am sure we have had multiple posts about this in the past. I will try insha Allah to find and bump some of them.. 

if I speak in error then it is from me. may Allah forgive me and guide us all to what pleases HIM. ameen. 

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

ummali
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
the blue eye and all those old wives' tales talismans or charms are haram and considered a form of shirk. only protection is actually READING the Quran ,not just hanging it around one's neck..

This is what I was wanting to ask about but my kids were acting up and I didn't get to finish my post
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN