Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Learn Arabic Children

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 511 Total Views

I am looking for FREE video/shows for children to learn arabic.

Also if anyone knows about any arabic shows that my children can watch on Roku box. I have some channels but they are all news stations. I am looking for learning as well as entertainment. Or even sitcoms or something for me too.  

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
muslimahpj Group Admin
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Try youtube. There are some Arabic videos for kids on there. I think one is called Adams World, not sure if it is on youtube, though.

-Cassandra-
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:33 PM

If you download the mummybox channel (I believe it's a private channel but it's free) it will has al-jazeera kids on it.  You can also download videobuzz which will let you watch youtube videos off the roku.  You can set up a playlist on your youtube account and then enter your username to access your public playlists.  You can also download the justin.tv channel and change the search language in the settings to arabic.  Under entertainment sometimes they have an animated channel (sometimes it has things that are meant for children othertimes it has stuff that's meant for adults) I've occasionally seen one that brodcasts some disney stuff in arabic but it's not consistantly available.  Using those channels you can watch Arabic channels like MBC, MTV (Lebanon), there's various broadcasts of old arabic movies, etc...

Otherwise for watching on the computer you can go here:

http://www.a7lacartoon.com/index.php

I also know of a site where you can download movies that are subtitled or dubbed in arabic but in order to access the content you have to pay a membership fee (I believe it's a $20 lifetime membership).  I download the dubbed disney movies then I author them into actual DVD's with subtitles and chapters.  We have about 30 Arabic kids DVD's that I've made through this method but it involves downloading torrents.  The site has been safe for everything I've ever downloaded but you always have a risk when sharing through torrents so you have to decide for yourself if it's worth the risk but they do have some really good stuff on there.  If your interested in it let me know and I'll look it up in my bookmarks.

marissa615
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this

on facebook I found "Hamza the Muslim Boy"  it's a cartoon and lessons for children.

Nikah2006
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM

THANK YOU thats what I am looking for!!!

Quoting -Cassandra-:

If you download the mummybox channel (I believe it's a private channel but it's free) it will has al-jazeera kids on it.  You can also download videobuzz which will let you watch youtube videos off the roku.  You can set up a playlist on your youtube account and then enter your username to access your public playlists.  You can also download the justin.tv channel and change the search language in the settings to arabic.  Under entertainment sometimes they have an animated channel (sometimes it has things that are meant for children othertimes it has stuff that's meant for adults) I've occasionally seen one that brodcasts some disney stuff in arabic but it's not consistantly available.  Using those channels you can watch Arabic channels like MBC, MTV (Lebanon), there's various broadcasts of old arabic movies, etc...

I also know of a site where you can download movies that are subtitled or dubbed in arabic but in order to access the content you have to pay a membership fee (I believe it's a $20 lifetime membership).  I download the dubbed disney movies then I author them into actual DVD's with subtitles and chapters.  We have about 30 Arabic kids DVD's that I've made through this method but it involves downloading torrents.  The site has been safe for everything I've ever downloaded but you always have a risk when sharing through torrents so you have to decide for yourself if it's worth the risk but they do have some really good stuff on there.  If your interested in it let me know and I'll look it up in my bookmarks.

MENAMAMA
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Assalaamu'Alaykum Wa Rahmataullaah Sister,

Have you tried Arabian Sinbad? I brought this for my son but now it's available on youtube.com. The address is: www.youtube.com/watch?v=StKAOuJKvBw

sometimes it has Egyptian dialect, but for the most part it's Modern Standard Arabic. 

Nikah2006
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Mummybox channel is gone but thanks anyway.  

Quoting -Cassandra-:

-Cassandra-
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I know.... my MIL was so devastated.  You can sign up for DISH World for 1 month free adding all the extras too.  I believe one of them is a kids channel.  We are going to cancel before the one month period and try to register undre another name and credit card.  We ended up getting netflix free for about 1 year that way so maybe we can do it for a few months with the DISH world package while his mom is here but eventually she may end up with nothing to watch. Roku lost major points with me when they told mummybox they had to shut down.  If they would offer something more reasonably priced than dishworld with more channel selections I might consider actually paying for it but for the price you pay for the dish world channels you might as well just get the satellite and arabic package that way.  It's too unreasonable and down right ridiculous pricing.

Quoting Nikah2006:

Quoting -Cassandra-:

Nikah2006
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:15 AM

There are more arabic channels but it is not child geared. Its news and reading of the Quran. Islambox has free channels, also there is live channel and a few others.

Quoting -Cassandra-:

I know.... my MIL was so devastated.  You can sign up for DISH World for 1 month free adding all the extras too.  I believe one of them is a kids channel.  We are going to cancel before the one month period and try to register undre another name and credit card.  We ended up getting netflix free for about 1 year that way so maybe we can do it for a few months with the DISH world package while his mom is here but eventually she may end up with nothing to watch. Roku lost major points with me when they told mummybox they had to shut down.  If they would offer something more reasonably priced than dishworld with more channel selections I might consider actually paying for it but for the price you pay for the dish world channels you might as well just get the satellite and arabic package that way.  It's too unreasonable and down right ridiculous pricing.

Quoting Nikah2006:

Quoting -Cassandra-:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)