Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pigs

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 421 Total Views

I know that we are not permitted to eat pork ofcourse but what about interacting with the animal? Touching it? Petting it?

pregnancy calendar

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jadsmummy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Salam alikom. Good question! I have no clue!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ABeautifulQadar
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM

wa alaikum assalam

I think up the most random things lol

Quoting jadsmummy:

pregnancy calendar

SlingsAndThings
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

A salami Alaikum.  I'm really not sure about pigs. I tried a quick google search and couldn't find anything definite either.  It's a very good question though!

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

SlingsAndThings
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Uhh asalaamu Alaikum not salami. I got auto corrected lol

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

A salami Alaikum.  I'm really not sure about pigs. I tried a quick google search and couldn't find anything definite either.  It's a very good question though!

Oh you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with those who are patient-

Al Quran 2-153

ABeautifulQadar
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Your auto correct is on topic with salami LOL

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

pregnancy calendar

SlingsAndThings
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Lol I know. I normally catch it when it does that but missed it this time. 

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

Your auto correct is on topic with salami LOL

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

Quoting SlingsAndThings:

Al Quran 2-153

lovingislam
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:05 PM
2 moms liked this
I just read this on Islamqa...

Is working with pigs in university laboratories permissible?.

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with raising pigs and rats to carry out scientific experiments on them, so long as you do not touch the pig except with a barrier, such as gloves, or you wash your hands after touching it.

See also the answer to questions no. 8509 and 20843

And Allah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:44 AM

Assalamu alaikum dear sister.. 

it is not really purely random. since living in the united states, pigs are considered "cute" animals. especially the little piglets. in my kids' school they brought a bunch of animals for petting, one of them was a little pig.. my kids didnt' want to pet it.. to them pigs look disgusting.. I guess it is growing up considering the animal to be unclean and haram to eat.. 

pigs are haram in all... and are Najas in all ( impure) .. you cannot use their skin, hair, bone, gelatin or anything. even after processing..( unless needed for treatment like insulin or medicines..etc) . unlike dogs that are considered unclean, but if you pet them without touching their wet saliva, it is ok.. 

so, I guess bottom line, dont' touch them unless you have to. and if you do, then wash up . 

if I speak in error then it is from me. may Allah forgive me and guide us all to what pleases HIM Ameen. 

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

jadsmummy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Interesting so footballs are out then. Good thing I don't like the sport lol.

Quoting proud2bmom3:

Assalamu alaikum dear sister.. 

it is not really purely random. since living in the united states, pigs are considered "cute" animals. especially the little piglets. in my kids' school they brought a bunch of animals for petting, one of them was a little pig.. my kids didnt' want to pet it.. to them pigs look disgusting.. I guess it is growing up considering the animal to be unclean and haram to eat.. 

pigs are haram in all... and are Najas in all ( impure) .. you cannot use their skin, hair, bone, gelatin or anything. even after processing..( unless needed for treatment like insulin or medicines..etc) . unlike dogs that are considered unclean, but if you pet them without touching their wet saliva, it is ok.. 

so, I guess bottom line, dont' touch them unless you have to. and if you do, then wash up . 

if I speak in error then it is from me. may Allah forgive me and guide us all to what pleases HIM Ameen. 

jadsmummy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my middle name should be random lol. I have an abundance of random useless knowledge.

Quoting ABeautifulQadar:

wa alaikum assalam

I think up the most random things lol

Quoting jadsmummy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN