Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halal Nail Polish?!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM
  • 14 Replies
  • 750 Total Views
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peaceseeker84
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I'd be overly excited if this is generally accepted as halaal. I used to love wearing nail polish. Only applying during that "special time" isn't for me because then it's like a badge alerting to the world that it is that time of the month :-( 

So, I've been going without since reverting. 

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this

hmmm.. breathable manicure that allows water to penetrate to the nail.. interesting.. and like the article said, the dilemma that might (should, in my opinion) face Muslim women is whether the should wear such beautification in public or not.. 

honestly, I don't know what to say about this.. i think it is nice for those who are used to nail polish to wear it at home without  having to remove it for every prayer time. but I do think it encourages women to beautify themselves even more before leaving the house , plus it might still give the impression to others that she is on her period lol since this is not really major news ( breathable wudu'-able nail polish) 

personally, I never liked nail polish,, I tried the henna on my toes since I always wear closed shoes when I leave the house, it was nice.. lol.. 

Peaceseeker84, how have you been.. I know it's been a while since I logged on.. too many things happening.. had a break today.. it's good to be back.. ((Hugs))

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting proud2bmom3:
PROUDDDDDDDDDD!!!!PROUDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!
MISS YOU!!!

peaceseeker84
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this

So glad to see you on, Proud! I got this big goofy grin when I saw your sn! A million hugs to you!

umsarah
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Just one thing that drew my attention in the article is that it said it allow "water vapors" to penetrate it, so is this enough for the nails to be considered washed in wuduu ? I guess it needs further study, 

jadsmummy
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Salam alikom. I am going to watch this and ask the imam about it. I loved pink nail polish on my toes and hated polish on my finger nails lol. It would be nice to be able to get pedicures again. I wear socks and closed shoes so it wouldn't be exposed.

Quoting proud2bmom3:

hmmm.. breathable manicure that allows water to penetrate to the nail.. interesting.. and like the article said, the dilemma that might (should, in my opinion) face Muslim women is whether the should wear such beautification in public or not.. 

honestly, I don't know what to say about this.. i think it is nice for those who are used to nail polish to wear it at home without  having to remove it for every prayer time. but I do think it encourages women to beautify themselves even more before leaving the house , plus it might still give the impression to others that she is on her period lol since this is not really major news ( breathable wudu'-able nail polish) 

personally, I never liked nail polish,, I tried the henna on my toes since I always wear closed shoes when I leave the house, it was nice.. lol.. 

Peaceseeker84, how have you been.. I know it's been a while since I logged on.. too many things happening.. had a break today.. it's good to be back.. ((Hugs))

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mishamama
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 5:23 AM
:0
How cool! I haven't paintes my nails in years, but to be honest that's mostly because I have a bad habbit of peeling it off by the second day. lol
lulubird83
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Okay, ladies, I have a question. So when my MIL was here I asked her if she wanted to go get a mani/pedi with me. She said no because of God. I didn't understand then, but I get why now. However, aren't you supposed to try to look for your husbands? Can you get your nails done then? Sorry if I offend. I am really trying to learn.

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Quoting lulubird83:

Okay, ladies, I have a question. So when my MIL was here I asked her if she wanted to go get a mani/pedi with me. She said no because of God. I didn't understand then, but I get why now. However, aren't you supposed to try to look for your husbands? Can you get your nails done then? Sorry if I offend. I am really trying to learn.

No offense at all.. :) 

I never got Mani/pedi's in America because all the places are open.. and have men working in them.. However, in Jordan it is all women, so I had them done.. everything from the soaking to the cleaning of the cuticles..etc. EXCEPT the last stage of coating the nails with the polish.. 

so you can trim, clean, file..etc but NOT put the coat that prevents the water from reaching the nail.. :) 

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

jadsmummy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:55 PM
That's why I never put it on my fingers.

Quoting mishamama:

:0

How cool! I haven't paintes my nails in years, but to be honest that's mostly because I have a bad habbit of peeling it off by the second day. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)