Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Halal Nail Polish?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Replies (11-14):
umsarah
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:43 PM

BTW, I know that women during the time of the prophet (peace be upon him) used Henna to color their nails and toes, along with their fingers, and Aisha may God be pleased with her was asked why she doesn't do, she said that simply because Pophet Muhamaad (PBUP) didn't like its smell [not because it is not permissible or anything], so in Egypt really women nowadays use henna (some have added dyes) to color their nails, but the it simply dyes the finger nails without leaving any sort of impereable layer over it. You can check this out if you like, but let me warn you, it doesn't look anything like nail polish, and it just gives a pale reddish hue to the fingernails.

lovingislam
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM

My MIL (Egyptian) does this. She'll also put vaseline on to shine them up but it seems waaaaaaaaayyy too complicated for me. She has to sit for an hour or so with it on and it is extremely messy. To darken the color she does it almost everyday or every other day for a while. I could never do it and not have the kids destroy it and the house but nevertheless an option for those who like some color! =)

Quoting umsarah:

BTW, I know that women during the time of the prophet (peace be upon him) used Henna to color their nails and toes, along with their fingers, and Aisha may God be pleased with her was asked why she doesn't do, she said that simply because Pophet Muhamaad (PBUP) didn't like its smell [not because it is not permissible or anything], so in Egypt really women nowadays use henna (some have added dyes) to color their nails, but the it simply dyes the finger nails without leaving any sort of impereable layer over it. You can check this out if you like, but let me warn you, it doesn't look anything like nail polish, and it just gives a pale reddish hue to the fingernails.

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:22 PM

there are new Henna tubes just for nails, they give a darker color.. those were the ones I used for my toes. :)

Quoting lovingislam:

My MIL (Egyptian) does this. She'll also put vaseline on to shine them up but it seems waaaaaaaaayyy too complicated for me. She has to sit for an hour or so with it on and it is extremely messy. To darken the color she does it almost everyday or every other day for a while. I could never do it and not have the kids destroy it and the house but nevertheless an option for those who like some color! =)

Quoting umsarah:

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

umsarah
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I'd like to try that on my toes one day--But I'm afraid my husband won't like it.

Quoting proud2bmom3:

there are new Henna tubes just for nails, they give a darker color.. those were the ones I used for my toes. :)

Quoting lovingislam:

Quoting umsarah:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN