Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

favorite reciters

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 361 Total Views
Who are your favorite reciters for different purposes? I always used to listen to who I think is AbdulBasit then during Ramadan a couple years ago I would read along with Minshawi because he was faster then I discovered AlAfasai whose voice mashaAllah I love. So I amcurious if I am missing out on any others that I may love. I also try to find ones who are clearer to understand so I know I am pronunciating correctly. I know with mp3 over the old cd versions things are much clearer but I'd love some suggestions! Especially since I'm snowed in what better time!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sunnimama
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Asalamo alikom

Manshawi, Husari, Huthaifi, and Sudais are my favorites.

proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 4:21 AM

Assalamu alaikum dear sister. 

my favorites are also al-Manshawi, Abdul-baasit, al-Husari, Al-Huthaifi, Assudais, and Ash-shuraim. and last but not least Attablaawi. 

you can still enjoy a slow recitation by Abdul Baasit and Al-manshawi when you listen to their Quran Murattal, Not Mujawwad. 

you can find the entire Quran Mujawwad, Murattal  or al-Mu'allim ( where the sheikh recites and you can recite after him in every verse, Manshawi, and I believe, al - husari.. ) 

you can find all these on Islamweb. go to recitation section and they have a long list of Quran reciters in all Riwaayaat. the most common one is of course : Hafs 'an Aasim. 

from Warsh, I love the recitation of al-'uyoon al-kooshi. 

I am not particularly fond of Al-Affaasi, he sings his nasheeds just like he recites Quran. so , for someone who does not know the difference would be misguided.  he also exaggerates his mudood. 

here is a link to al-manshawi: murattal and Mujawwad.. the good thing about islamweb is that you can dowload to your ipod,pad,phone...etc lol.. 

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

Nikah2006
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I have been looking for a Cd, App or some portable way to listen to the Quran. What are you using? what can I get it from?

lovingislam
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

You can get Cds online or if there is a local Islamic bookstore. I usually Google 'islamic bookstore' and a bunch come up but you have to make sure they are in your country otherwise shipping is much more.  I have found these to be good:

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/

http://www.islamicbookstore.com/

www.soundvision.com

I haven't been in the market for a while though so I am not sure if there are any better ones now.  Amazon is good too but if the prices are the same I try to give my business to Muslim run businesses.

We use the iQuran app for androids I think it is $7-8 for the full version or there is a lite version for free but it might limit how many Surahs you can download/day. There are a lot of other apps but I am not sure how they are maybe somone else can mention one they like.  Both my husband and I tried different ones and  decided on this one.

Quoting Nikah2006:

I have been looking for a Cd, App or some portable way to listen to the Quran. What are you using? what can I get it from?

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM

SHEIKH MANSOOR AZ ZAHRANI

he is the best, like his voice is absolutely stunning imo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)