Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

clothing. i had a few questions.can anyone help find a lkcal store?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 542 Total Views
I am not muslim but have been debating for a year to wear hijab, abaya, loose pants and tunics. As time goes on i find more and more i want to do it. Not for fashion but for modesty and i love the look in comparison to other modest style clothing. I was wondering...online where is a good place to order clothing? Low cost but with color. Also how do you tell the difference between formal and casual abaya? I see no major diffrences based on the stuff i have seen.

I live in newbedford ma.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Hello and welcome to our group. 

no offense my dear, but I have to advise you in advance that wearing the hijab might give you some unwanted attention.. lol.. and might confuse people around you.. since it is not only the dress of a Muslim woman. but a devout Muslim woman who is announcing to the world that she is committed to following Allah's commands of modesty.. so if that does not bother you.. then I wish you well with all  you decide to do :) 

hijab is a struggle even for the most dedicated Muslims in America because not every society is accepting, I think it is safe to say that most of  us had our trying moments.. but we endure and are patient because we wear the hijab out of submission to the one and only , and we accept such challenges because we strive for the reward.. 

as for your question.. I am sure that  most of the Abaya's you have seen are the informal ones.. but the mere fact that most Abayas are black and all of them are long, that gives the impression of formal dress.  however, formal Abayas usually are very very dressy and very very expensive :) 

I usually buy my Abayas when I visit Jordan, but if you are living in a big city with international stores, you will find some in the Arabic stores.. we have some online shops posted on the group. maybe if you search the group you might be able to find some.. 

I think it is very commendable that you have decided to be more modest in your dress. I tell you, I feel like a queen every time I put my hijab on.. it's like my crown .. :)  

best wishes.. 

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

gypsy_rose
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I do notnot mind how people look at m ee. When i was a teen i was very....extreeme. I shaved my head, wore all black and all black makeup. I wear what i wear for myself not society. I have been thinking about yhis for nearly a year. I do have a question though. I often see abyas in the outerwear sections. I thought it was a dress?

Quoting proud2bmom3:

Hello and welcome to our group. 

no offense my dear, but I have to advise you in advance that wearing the hijab might give you some unwanted attention.. lol.. and might confuse people around you.. since it is not only the dress of a Muslim woman. but a devout Muslim woman who is announcing to the world that she is committed to following Allah's commands of modesty.. so if that does not bother you.. then I wish you well with all  you decide to do :) 

hijab is a struggle even for the most dedicated Muslims in America because not every society is accepting, I think it is safe to say that most of  us had our trying moments.. but we endure and are patient because we wear the hijab out of submission to the one and only , and we accept such challenges because we strive for the reward.. 

as for your question.. I am sure that  most of the Abaya's you have seen are the informal ones.. but the mere fact that most Abayas are black and all of them are long, that gives the impression of formal dress.  however, formal Abayas usually are very very dressy and very very expensive :) 

I usually buy my Abayas when I visit Jordan, but if you are living in a big city with international stores, you will find some in the Arabic stores.. we have some online shops posted on the group. maybe if you search the group you might be able to find some.. 

I think it is very commendable that you have decided to be more modest in your dress. I tell you, I feel like a queen every time I put my hijab on.. it's like my crown .. :)  

best wishes.. 

gypsy_rose
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I am missing the post with the clothing site.
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM

just bumped a couple of posts for you .. one in each forum. :)

barunka050811
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:47 PM

www.eastessence. com has very nice stuff, you can try www.middleesternmall.com

i just found www.islamic-attire.com

Also for scarves you can try local stores like Marschalls, ROSS I found nice one even in Target.

gypsy_rose
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:37 PM
My problem is with eastessance is no hijabs seem to realy match....

Quoting barunka050811:

Also for scarves you can try local stores like Marschalls, ROSS I found nice one even in Target.

gypsy_rose
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM
You girls are great. Thank you all.
barunka050811
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

But you can actually order matching hijab with it. At least the one I was looking at.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting barunka050811:

gypsy_rose
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:56 PM
All the ones i saw you had to pixk white or black.

Quoting barunka050811:

But you can actually order matching hijab with it. At least the one I was looking at.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

Quoting barunka050811:

gypsy_rose
by on Mar. 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Bump for location.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)