Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When by the blessings and mercy of Allah, you over come a calamity. it is good to speak of it

Posted by (Group Owner) on May. 4, 2007 at 6:56 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 246 Total Views
assalamu alaikum sisters,
my sisters and I were studying surat Adduhaa (93) yesterday. during the tafseer ( explanation) we came across the hadith that urges one to speak of Allah's kindness and Mercy. especially when Allah helps you over come a calamity, a crisis, and illness, or any kind of hardship..

Alhamdullillah .. Allah has been so kind to me, and to my family.
today, I almost had a car accident.

I was driving down a main road. going 35 mph. and there comes a car. slowing down before the stop sign. I always try to keep an eye on cars coming from other road to see if they will stop or not. so this car slows down to stop, only to stop in the middle of my street.Surprised . his tail was at the stop signYell.. so I had to swerve away from him.. got on the median.. almost hit a tree missed it by a few inches  so I had to swerve away from that too. then got into a small puddle in the street that almost made me lose control.. but alhamdullillah I maintained control over the car, not a dent not a scratch. alhamdullillah. Smile
 I looked in my rear veiw mirror to see the driver of the other car. he/she froze in place.then backed up behind the stop sign and waited there, I guess he figured I would turn around yell at him/her. cause a scene and take the license plate number.  I was so busy doing my thanks to Allah and praising him. I did not even want to ruin my joy and gratefulness to Allah with mundane arguments.. I just drove away.

alhamdullillah. alhamdullilaah. alhamdullillaah. God is so so kind.

just wanted to share .
I leave you all in the trusted care of Allah. for he will never avail you.
by on May. 4, 2007 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
by on May. 5, 2007 at 10:51 AM
I'm happy that you're OK and there wasn't an accident there.  It's a good thing that the person stopped -- had they rolled on through the intersection, you probably would have hit them.
by on May. 5, 2007 at 3:13 PM

As salaam Alaikum

Praise Allah sister proud2bmom3 that you are okay.  You are so right, I think (myself especially) we tend to thank Allah when things are going great...but, it is so important to remember that Allah is with us every moment of our life.  Even during the storms.  InshAllah your roads will be smooth sailing LOL or shall I say driving.

Salaam and love

by on May. 5, 2007 at 9:44 PM
Alhamdulillah that you are ok. 

Take care sister
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on May. 6, 2007 at 8:13 AM
thank you all for your kind words and well wishes,
every time my neighbor sees me backing up into the garage,. she jokingly calls me a truck driver. ( I know she means is as a complimentWink) I learned driving from my brothersInnocent. so there you go LOL.Tongue out

muslimprincess, good to see you back on here. you have been missed my dear, looking forward to hearing from you again insha' Allah

love and salaamWink
by on May. 6, 2007 at 11:53 AM
Alhamdulilah I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad that you are fine! Perhaps you can have a career in Nascar for Forumula One??? Cool

Hamza Yusuf has a great discourse called "There is no calamity where there is certainty" and it's basically talking about the same points that you touched on.

Anyway, I know some folks love Hamza and some hate him so I hope I didn't open that can of worms!!! Foot in mouth

I am so happy you and your babies are safe and sound, alhamduilah.
by on May. 7, 2007 at 12:59 AM
wa'alaykum asalam rahmatullah wa barakatuh sister proud ALLAHUAKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i am so greatful to Allah he didnt take our dearest sister here and her family...You know i was reading the book about angels u referred to just a couple days ago and i remember reading this. that Allah has a angel protecting you and if it isnt ur time to go the angels protect you from harm....Looks like the Angels (alayhis salam) were busy that day....Allah did not want you to come back to him that day so he saved you and your family from any harm.....This is a MAJOR BLESSING from Allah we never truly know how many he's given us but the ones we can see we should always thank him....even in hard times b/c there is barakah (blessings) of some sins (Allah knows best which ones) being wiped thing i try to remember when i am in a situation and i am wondering if this is the end for me is trying to say La Iliha illilah Mohammad Rasoolulah (there is no God but Allah and Mohammad is the messenger) b/c i hope that will be the last thing on my tongue if i pass away i hope...i couldnt imagine your situation although when my daughter was first born we were hit on our left side by a drunk driver thats a long story.............and always when i get in the car is say Bismillah (In the name of Allah (God)) b/c we dont know if we will return to our families or not....its know just yesterday my husband was telling me on Thursday a friend of his his daughter and 3 other young muslim sisters 18 and younger were driving on I-95 and were in a severe car accident subhan'Allah all of them passed away at such a young keeps reemphasizing the significance we will return to Allah and NOONE KNOWS WHEN WE WILL DIE....May Allah protect All  of us and our children and our spouses and May Allah forgive our bad Sins and accept our Good deeds AMEEN....La Hawla wa la quwatta illa billah....Subhan'Alayhi wa bi hamdihi......
by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:00 AM

Rejoicing that God has you in His care, and that your angels are so diligently watching over you.

by on May. 7, 2007 at 3:47 PM
Alhamdullilah that you are safe and sound! Did you feel that presence of God with you at the time, guiding your hand?

When my 2nd daughter was 3 yrs old she and my older one had the habit of waiting for me to come from the train on the corner of the sidewalk on nice days. One day my little one was on her riding toy, seemingly patiently waiting for me to walk down the block and cross the street to her and her sister. All of the sudden, why we will never know, she decided to make her way across the street to me - right in the middle of oncoming traffic!!! My older daughter froze in panic, my husband looked on in disbelief too far away to do anything, and I instinctively ran out into the street yelling and screaming at the SUV coming straight for her. Somehow, by the grace of God, the SUV was able to swerve and miss her but my husband didn't see this. From where he was, it looked like she had been run over.

In reality I had her in my arms on the other side of the truck, in safety. The entire intersection had come to a halt, several vehicles making emergency stops. When I walked around the SUV with my daughter in my hands, I saw my husband collapsed on the ground in agony, thinking she was lost. I will never forget that day, nor what I saw. At the moment I realised that my daughter was coming into the traffic, I perceived a light descend, somewhat like a tent, over the whole intersection. I felt the rush of God within me and all around us. It was truly a miracle. My husband fasted for three days after that, in repentence and gratefulness!!! Later, I imagined that it might have been the wings of the angel Gabriel descending for my little one...We are all truly protected every minute of every day.
by on May. 8, 2007 at 4:30 AM
I know of a man who was traveling down the highway one day, came around a bend and saw that a semi had jack-knifed and was blocking the road just ahead.  There was nowhere to go, no time to stop, and so he closed his eyes, sent up a quick prayer for protection, and braced himself for the expected impact.  No impact came, and he opened his eyes after a moment to find himself on the other side of the semi, safely traveling down the road.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)