Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Suggestions/recommendations

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 191 Total Views

Assalamaleykum sisters,

I am looking for some Islamic audio cds for my six year old son, any ideas where to find them??  I checked amazon and other online Islamic stores, didn't find much.  I am interested in Quranic stories or lives of prophets in easy english, any other Islamic book recommendations for someone his age group?

Jazakallah Khair

~*RuBY*~

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:28 PM

wa'alaikum asalaam warahmat Allah, i havent checked out noorart.com in a while, but when i need things for my kids i often find it there mashaaAllah. :)

Nikah2006
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I found a really nice cartoon of Prophet Muhammad from Netflix.  I know it is only a rental but it gives you a start.you can watch it in English or Arabic. 

abdatmommy
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Assalamualaikum

www.onlineislamicstore.com

www.goodwordbooks.com

www.soundvision.com

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:29 AM

Assalamu alaikum 

Noorart has some good ones, age appropriate. and so do Astrolabe. 

My kids learned a lot from the Nasheeds of Yusuf Islam and Sami Yusuf. the CD I look I see by yusuf Islam taught them the pillars of Islam, the Lunar months..etc. lol.  it is cute and the melody ( without Music) is catchy..  I just put it in the car while going places and they loved it. 

Sami Yusuf, you have the option of buying with or without Music. and though a lot of his nasheeds do not target children, my kids still love his almu'allim  and mother.. 

as they grew older into their teenage and preteens, they started liking Native Deen.. I LOVE native deen and the messages they teach.. and even though some of their nasheeds have  very little music. I had to make the hard choice of having my kids listening to Native Deen or  Usher orEmminem while exercising or running, and I decided them listening to tasbeeh, talk of good deeds, prayer, and having a solid muslim identity ( I'm not afraid to stand alone) ..etc. is a good middle ground.. ( Native Deen are Hip Hop :P )  so, They were introduced to basics through Yusuf Islam  ( of course you have to teach them yourself) and with Native deen, it's like a  passive echo of what they learn at home and Sunday school.. but I digress. sorry. 

abdatmommy suggested soundvision, I have tried them as well..  but Noorart suited our needs more as they have a huge collection and nice choices. 

may Allah bless you and aid you to raise your beautiful children to be Pious believers, and may they be a joy to you and yours.. ((hugs))

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

abdatmommy
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 7:16 AM
@proud2bmom3 Inshaa'Allah ameen ya Rabb
I haven't tried Noorart buy Inshaa'Allah I will. It's been 2 years since I bought books, dvd's, cd's. My children are still young so when my oldest was 2 I bought a huge supply. And alhamdulillah it's been very beneficial. Adam's World alone has 17 or 18 dvds. So now that they are 2 and 4 watching the dvds or reading from our "home library" they always learn something new or understand more. Ok I'm rambling but yes I'll definitely check out Noorart. My oldest has been asking for some new ones. :-)

Quoting proud2bmom3:Assalamu alaikum Noorart has some good ones, age appropriate. and so do Astrolabe. My kids learned a lot from the Nasheeds of Yusuf Islam and Sami Yusuf. the CD I look I see by yusuf Islam taught them the pillars of Islam, the Lunar months..etc. lol.  it is cute and the melody ( without Music) is catchy..  I just put it in the car while going places and they loved it. Sami Yusuf, you have the option of buying with or without Music. and though a lot of his nasheeds do not target children, my kids still love his almu'allim  and mother.. as they grew older into their teenage and preteens, they started liking Native Deen.. I LOVE native deen and the messages they teach.. and even though some of their nasheeds have  very little music. I had to make the hard choice of having my kids listening to Native Deen or  Usher orEmminem while exercising or running, and I decided them listening to tasbeeh, talk of good deeds, prayer, and having a solid muslim identity ( I'm not afraid to stand alone) ..etc. is a good middle ground.. ( Native Deen are Hip Hop :P )  so, They were introduced to basics through Yusuf Islam  ( of course you have to teach them yourself) and with Native deen, it's like a  passive echo of what they learn at home and Sunday school.. but I digress. sorry. abdatmommy suggested soundvision, I have tried them as well..  but Noorart suited our needs more as they have a huge collection and nice choices. may Allah bless you and aid you to raise your beautiful children to be Pious believers, and may they be a joy to you and yours.. ((hugs))
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)