Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Their failures, are our accomplishments?

Posted by (Group Owner) on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 206 Total Views
4 moms liked this

Assalamu alaikum dear sisters. 

just a thought.. we mentioned in another post how with 1.8 billion Muslims in the world, we are sure to find varying levels of faith .. varying levels of practice.. things that you and I may not accept are "normal" for others, while things you and I hold dear show us as uptight lol.. or things we do, others view as "not enough" 

so I started thinking.. we all have our shortcomings. we all have our sins and our demons against which we fight.. we all try to do our best, ( at least we try, or hope to try) .. some of  us might even think we are doing enough.. while, what we feel as an accomplishment, may be somebody else's shortcoming.. confusing? let me put it in another way: a person fasts Ramadan and three days each month extra: to him that's an accomplishment.. masha Allah. another fasts every Monday and Thursday of every week. when he cannot fast, he will do the minimum of three days a month, to him, that is a shortcoming, doing less.  another example: a person ( like me lol) finishes the Quran ONCE in Ramadan. and considers this a good accomplishment.  masha Allah. another finishes the Quran five to seven times.. finishing it once, for the second Muslim, is seen as a shortcoming. because they are used to doing much much more.. ( not judging others, but how they see THEMSELVES) 

someone who fasts ONLY Ramadan , no extras, and does not finish the Quran even once.. might feel that just doing the minimum is an accomplishment.. while to the other person who does a bit more, feels like they failed if they did only the minimum.. 

so it is all subjective, how we view ourselves and what we do, and how we view others.. so let's all strive to learn from those who do more, and not to compare ourselves to those who do less.. let's work on OURSELVES, and NOT judge those who do less than  us, because to them, and their knowledge, circumstance, or ability. it is an accomplishment.. 

know what I mean? what do you ladies think? 

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Nikah2006
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I try not to judge other people.  Because we all have a struggle of something. Just because something may be easy to you it may be difficult for someone else. You can't hold other people to your standards. 

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Quoting proud2bmom3:

so let's all strive to learn from those who do more, and not to compare ourselves to those who do less.. let's work on OURSELVES, and NOT judge those who do less than  us, because to them, and their knowledge, circumstance, or ability. it is an accomplishment.. 

know what I mean? what do you ladies think? 

This reminds me of the teaching of our beloved Rasullilah salAllahu alayhee wasallam who taught us to never belittle a good deed and that small good deeds that are consistent are better than a one time good did that is huge. It also reminds me of what we have in Islam of striving towards excellence in whatever we do and to refrain from patting ourselves on the back for a job well-done because when we do that we are basically saying that we are awesome and dont need to improve ourselves. when the true reality is that each of us is a constant work in progress if we practice what we preach in striving to live in righteousness upon the Quran & Sunnah. just another proof of the wisdom of seeking Allah's guidance 17times a day in our prayers and why the "best" of our Ummah isnt even excused from making that duaa in alFatiha. There is no better gift or blessing than that of guidance..and everyone is in need of Allah's. alhamdulilah Rabbil3lameen.

umsarah
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Jazakom Allahu Khyaran for this post. We all need it badly

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN