Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello...another Issue

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 226 Total Views

Hi, my mom is Jewish (I am not kidding). She is also a bi-polar but a successful woman and has gone off in front of the children on very seldom occassions.

My dad is a Southern Baptist Christian. He also has a long history of severe depression and has been institutionalized after 3 failed suicide attempts (certain there are more that were failed and not caught).

I married an Egyptian and converted to Islam. 

My parents are a bit unstable. They have not said happy Eid for example (because they claim that would be celebrating a devil worshipping holiday). They have also been inconsistent...but they are not dangerous at all. 

They are headaches sometimes...but last August I had a baby and my mom promised for 9 months to help with the baby. She then when the baby was a few days late went on vacation with my father rather than help me. After that she made some claim that her mom was dying...but everyone verified that there was not a grain of truth to that (she was just trying to make herself look better). My husband also has issues that they make a lot of money and are fairly well off and for birthdays will come over bring a $10 dollar cake and a 5 or 10 dollar present for the kids.

Well since last August he said I can see my parents whenever I want...but the kids cannot. Is this haram in any way. It is causing a strain with my family and make me really depressed.

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lovenlight141
by on May. 15, 2013 at 6:11 PM

First off I am sick and tired hearing that Islam is the Anti-Christ. I have heard this every place. It is so bad it is all over YouTube.

muslimahpj Group Admin
by on May. 15, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Asalaam alaikum sister

Im sorry you are dealing with all this. I will start by saying that I dont think it is haram for him to do that. In sha Allah when I can get on a computer I will try to find some rulings for you.
jeweldragons
by on May. 16, 2013 at 5:59 AM

I don't know but perhaps he has a reason for not letting the children be around your parents.  Are your parents on any medication at all and do they take it regularly?  If not then I can see why he wouldn't want the children around mentally unstable people, one of whom has tried killing himself at least 3 times. 

Nikah2006
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:42 PM

why do you depend on your parents for validation? None of my family says happy EID because they are not Muslim and do not know what EID is.  Second do your children need gifts from them? Whats wrong with what they bring? Teach your children to be happy with what they have not what their grandparents have. I dont see an issue. Some of our families are very bad and this does not seem so bad. Did you really need 9months of help? Really?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN