Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should Pregnant/Nursing Women Fast?? (Clear Breakdown)

Posted by (Group Admin) on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 177 Total Views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n6Lom0RnCw0

If someone can embedd this that would be great, for some reason it didn't let me do it...thanks, hope everyone's Ramadan is going well. May Allah accept it from all of us. Ameen.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ABeautifulQadar
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I can't see the video but I had a very hard time yesterday I was dizzy weak and had severe mood swings which I didn't experience last year. I called the mosque and they told me that I don't have to fast if its harmful to me. I'm going to fast one day and not fast the next so I don't have constant fasting. It has been proven that constant fasting can also lower milk supply and take away some nutrients. I will make up the days I miss in the winter when days are shorter and Anwar is also on solids inshallah
SlingsAndThings
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I cant figure out how to copy links on my phone yet. I am not fasting during this pregnancy. Im high risk for preterm labor and stillbirth do to a condition called ICP. We arent taking any chances at all.
lovingislam
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I have been wondering at what point, if you don't have any obvious medical issues, do you make the decision not to fast.  If fasting is keeping you from fulfilling other Ramadan aspects - which is more important? Does fasting takes precedence over taraweeh in masjid, reading, tending to household duties/kids attentively, etc. if exhaustion is an issue?

here is one I have recently watched and would love to hear your opinion. It is similar in most aspects with a few differences.  The whole lecture is informative but the part about pregnant/bf'ing starts around 1:12:10.

If the video doesn't work here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSsJPaxXU2c&feature=player_detailpage

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)