Sometime in the next week or so, my husband has promised to take me to a masjid so I can make Shahada publicly, rather than in private as I did during Ramadan. I have never been in a mosque before, as there was not one where i lived when I previously practiced Islam.
Can someone help me? What do I expect?? I know I have to take off my shoes, and I know I have to make ablution, but that's ALL I know. Here are some questions:
1. If I don't go during a prayer time, do I still have to do the two rakat prayer? I am still reading my prayer and think this is probably not acceptable.
2. What do you do if you don't remember your prayers while in the mosque?
3. When exactly am I supposed to remove my shoes. Someone told me something about slippers? Do I bring my own, or what?
4. How much of me needs to be covered? Hands, feet, face showing is fine, right?
5. I have yet to be able to afford to order abaya online, and dress Western within the Islamic dress code. Long sleeve shirts, often with a loose t-shirt over them if they are too tight, over long skirts. I am tall and have trouble finding skirts long enough, so usually wear black leggings under my skirt, and sandals. And hijab of course. Is this acceptable in a mosque?