Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wake up early

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:01 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 275 Total Views
my baby is 6months old..he sleeps at 12.30am,also wakes up at 3am for feed and that is why it feels hard for me to wake up early and pray salah..plz give me some advice so that I can wake up early
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
SlingsAndThings
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Salaam Alaikum,

Unfortunately, I don't have any tips or tricks other than pray to Allah subhana wa t'ala to make it easy on you. I knooooow how hard it can be.  I have a 7 month old who loves to get up an party at night.  I just have to force myself to roll out of bed and remind myself that "prayer IS better than sleep" 

Some morning it's not too bad and others it's a real struggle

affansmomji
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:05 AM
thanks slings and things for ur advice
proud2bmom3 Group Owner
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Assalamu alaikum dear sister. 

I remember those days alhamduliaah. 

ok.. first let us tackle the Islamic aspect.. what can help you wake up is the remembrance of Allah the second you open your eyes.. you make the dua of waking up.. and say alhamduillah who woke us up after we were dead and to him we return ( I will write the Arabic version of it.. this is my quick translation ,sorry)  as to the hadith of prophet Muhammad peace be upon him :  Narrated Abu Huraira Allah's Apostle said, "Satan puts three knots at the back of the head of any of you if he is asleep. On every knot he reads and exhales the following words, 'The night is long, so stay asleep.' When one wakes up and remembers Allah, one knot is undone; and when one performs ablution, the second knot is undone, and when one prays the third knot is undone and one gets up energetic with a good heart in the morning; otherwise one gets up lazy and with a mischievous heart.

the other thing. when you go to sleep try to be on wudu' and have the sincere intention in your heart that you want to wake up for fajr in shaa Allah. 

---- 

from another perspective .. use the method of the alarms and snooze button lol. this has worked for me so well over the years. I have very troubled sleep. and so fajr is a struggle for me some days.. multiple alarms on  my phone help.. alhamdulilaah.. plus I wake up my kids.. so I know if I dont' pray. they dont' .. so it is my duty to wake up.. and wake them up for fajr as well.. taking responsibility for them not praying scares me lol.. 

and last but not least.. from a parenting perspective:  try to teach your baby the difference between day and night so he can sleep better. let there be noise during the day.. tv. Quran, news..etc. and light.. then when night comes. complete silence and of course darker house. 

give your baby a filling meal before going to sleep. at six months now you can mix some cereal with his milk or give him a filling solid meal 

if you are nursing. avoid eye contact with your baby during the  night feedings lol.. I know it is tempting because they are just so adorable.. but once you establish eye contact they will want to play.. so keep it quiet and just about the feeding and the change of diaper then put him back in his crib. 

they grow up so fast dear sister.. enjoy every moment and enjoy every stage of their lives.. and remember. when your children grow up seeing that Salat is important to you. it will be come important to them.. :) 

Love and salaam (peace)

(proud2bmom3 Muslim Moms-- Owner. 

UmmJannah
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Asalaam alaykum sister, May Allah make it ease for you and all the new mothers. I remember one thing that use to help me was asking myself, if I loved my baby to wake up for him anytime of the night then why don't i do the same for the One that gave me life. 

muhajjirah Group Admin
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 4:35 AM

Asalaamalaikum Sister,

Alhamdulilah you have the right intention of wanting to wake up. Try to purify your intention further so it's for no other reason than to worship Allah. When you go back to sleep at 3, try your very best to do it in a state of wudu, recite the last 3 Surahs upon you and your baby into your palms and rub yourself and baby down gently as per the Sunnah. Recite Ayat alKursi, ask Allah to help you rise for Fajr and do istighfaar as you rest your right side down to sleep. This is the best time of the whole day and night to make duaa because the last 1/3rd of each night is extra special as taught to us by Rasullilah salAllahu alayhee wasallam. Try these simple strategies inshaaAllah and youll find yourself walking up for fajr even perhaps without an alarm clock at all. Just keep your intentions pure and keep up with the efforts..inshaaAllah it will be easier than it's been to wake up for salah. May Allah make it easy and accept it from you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)