Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Single Muslim sisters looking to Marry

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 342 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Many single Muslim sisters want to find the suitable man to marry but there are some Muslim men out there who prey on women who are single, Converts & Etc.

I've been single for 5 years and I have seen all these types of Muslim Brothers who do this. But I am very wary and cautious of the below listed.

Here are a few red flags to watch for-

Some of the most obvious red flags that should make you wary are:

- If the brother doesn’t want to meet your family and friends.

- If he asks you to keep the relationship a secret.

- If he doesn’t want you to meet his family or see where he lives.

- If he asks you to travel long distances alone to meet him, especially if that is at your expense or means going overseas to see him.

- If he asks you for money, or is unable to support you financially or provide a home for you.

- If he asks you to have just an ‘Islamic marriage’, i.e. one that isn’t registered or legally recognized, and not a civil marriage.

- If he doesn’t have a valid visa to stay in your country.

- If he asks you to agree to a temporary marriage contract.

- Or if anything he says or does makes you feel even momentarily uncomfortable.

If any or all of these things happen, they can be signs of a potential problem, because on the whole they would be unacceptable ways for a man to treat a woman he respected and wanted to marry in most Muslim communities. There are always exceptions to these flags, but they should be discussed and resolved with your guardian and your family and friends first, before proceeding forward.

There are many good Muslim men out there and I know many sisters who are in good marriages, I pray that yours will be one of them too!

SaRab Proud Servant to Allah,
                                              Mother to 6 Beautiful Children *alhamdulillah*

"Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is
keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy
mankind." (Muslims & Bukhari)

Please Visit my Blog & Subscribe A Muslimah's Daily Life

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Angels24
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:01 AM

I had this happen to me all ready :( He said he had to marry one that his family wanted him & he couldnt say no to his family & i would be a 2nd wife but in secret i told him i couldnt do it now he stated talkin to me again wantin the same thing :(

AtomicWildChild
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I am sorry :( but keeping you a secret is a nono.

These have never happened to me directly but there were 2 brothers I have talked to over the past couple of years for marriage who have used single  older woman for money to either come to me in USA or get money to marry me in Morocco. I found out by both women. So I ended it quick.

There are men out there who do, do this and it breaks my heart to know that the woman who are not familiar with Islam and being a Muslim actually believe these men. Even Muslim woman such as myself who think these men are sincere in earning what they have to marry you instead preying on innocent naive non Muslims.

With that said...I would cut ties with him for he is not sincere in his intentions..Allah Knows best

Quoting Angels24:

I had this happen to me all ready :( He said he had to marry one that his family wanted him & he couldnt say no to his family & i would be a 2nd wife but in secret i told him i couldnt do it now he stated talkin

SaRab Proud Servant to Allah,
                                              Mother to 6 Beautiful Children *alhamdulillah*

"Do you know what is better than charity and fasting and prayer? It is
keeping peace and good relations between people, as quarrels and bad feelings destroy
mankind." (Muslims & Bukhari)

Please Visit my Blog & Subscribe A Muslimah's Daily Life

MIA0223
by on Aug. 1, 2014 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Ours is the exception then, because two if these were the case when we married. Three if you include the family thing since he has no family here.
9 years married alhumdulilah. He was illegal (with an open but going nowhere case) and we just had the Islamic marriage for a few months because he didn't want anyone in my family to think he only wanted to marry me for papers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs42
by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

good post Sis. I didn't encounter this as a Muslim..dh is a convert and we met through family. But I did run into some shady men before I converted. The red flags you listed are important for all women out there ... and if you 'feel' something is off when you meet someone don't ignore it! The feeling is usually right.

-Cassandra-
by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Slightly off topic but I know a brother whose looking for a wife, seriously looking not trying to play games or have secret relationships or anything.  Anyone interested or know someone whose looking to marry?  You can PM me if interested, I'll pass on more specifics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)