Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

natural vaginal birth (through water break) after c-section

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:07 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 126 Total Views
Dear mommies! I hav 1 son 19 months old through c - section, & now we want another baby & this time I want natural vaginal birth. Is there any friend whose water broke naturally after a c - section & ended with natural birth?
How can someone break her water naturally or induce labour at home? Personal experiences are required
Thanks in advance
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 2:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
J-KsMommy
by on Aug. 10, 2014 at 9:44 AM

PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO BREAK YOUR WATER YOURSELF. Anyone who would encourage you to do that or give you advice on how to is absolutely wrong. It is dangerous to yourself and your baby. Vaginal birth after a c-section is common talk to your doctor about it. 

SlingsAndThings
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Asalaamu alaikum. Your water doesn't need to break in its own to have a vaginal birth after c section. Many doctors want you to go into labor on your own vs induction. But your water doesn't have to break to be in labor. Some babies are even born in the I water sack and it never breaks!

Anyway we were trying to have a vbac with Charlie and it was a no go :'( I struggle with high risk pregnancies and at 37 weeks I suffered placental abruption. I had to have an emergency c-section
mrs42
by on Aug. 11, 2014 at 1:11 PM

DON'T try to do this at home unless you're having a certified nurse midwife CNM handling it. I haven't had a C-section so not sure but ask your OB.GYN.

sonorared
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM

My daughter-in-law had a vaginal birth after having had a C-section.  I would not try birthing at home, however, in case of complicaitons.  Aside from a long labor she had no problems with the vaginal birth.

MIA0223
by on Aug. 12, 2014 at 11:58 AM
I agree with the others. Discuss a vbac with your ob. Do not try anything at home!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)